Bow Sight Recommendations

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need a bow sight. Want a pin or pins that can be sighted in from 20 to 100 yards. Thinking .019" fibers or smaller. I don't know if I trust sights with distance stickers. Maybe. Go!

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Single pin. .019. HHA makes some great stuff! I would check them out. Trust the yardage tape, they are more accurate than most people sighting in on there own. I have both the slider and the wheel sights. I love them both and would never go back to a multi pin sight, with one exception. I think there is a model, not sure who makes it, but it is 3 pins. sight the first two pins to a desired yardage, and the third pin is adjustable.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm getting a new sight shortly and I"m going to go with a Montana Black Gold Ascent Verdict 3 pin slider. I like having three set pins but still having the ability to adjust to longer shots. S&S Archery has a March special where you can get $20 off and you can customize the sight with whatever features you want.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Look into Black Gold as labhunter pointed out. You can go on their website and completely customize a sight how you want it (# of pins, color of pins, ring color, size of fiber, slider or not, etc). I had them quote me a custom 4 pin with .019" for the top two pins and smaller for the bottom two pins .010", I believe. You can have them quote you direct or they told me to go to my local shop (Scheels) and bring in the form I built the sight on and I would get a better price through distribution. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but the pricing was right in line with all others.

Last edited:

bowhunter12

Founding Member
Founding Member
Single pin. .019. HHA makes some great stuff! I would check them out. Trust the yardage tape, they are more accurate than most people sighting in on there own. I have both the slider and the wheel sights. I love them both and would never go back to a multi pin sight, with one exception. I think there is a model, not sure who makes it, but it is 3 pins. sight the first two pins to a desired yardage, and the third pin is adjustable.

- Are u thinking of the G5 Optix XR (3 Fixed, 1 floating pin) or G5 Optix XR2 (1 Fixed and 1 floating pin)?

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want to order a custom black gold (or spot hogg), try sandsarchery.com - last time I ordered, they had the best deal for a custom black gold sight and had it in my hands really quick too.

Last edited:

Buckmaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
the kid and i shoot MBG ascent with a custom head. i shoot a 4 pin he has a 3 pin. I am sighted in from 20-100 yards. I use my bottom pin as the floater pin. so i have 20,30,40,50 then the sight moves down to 60,70 etc. they are bulletproof sights

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
And I was thinking maybe you had twin .50s on the boat for pirates, jet skiers, ramp slobs and the like. Big ol WWII crosshair on the bow would look pretty sweet.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went with a spot Hogg about 12 years ago, now I have 2. Use the for hunting 7 pin Hogg it wrapped with .10 pins and a 5 pin Hogg it for 3-d and spots in .19. I did try the hogg father for a summer which you can get with a single pin or add a block which you can mount a stack of pins on. Thought it was just a little heavy, but I see they came out with another model that is compatible and lighter.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
HHA Optimizer lite looks good. Simple, lite, tool-free, .010 or .019 pin, not $300. Worth it to drop the coin on something better? What's "better"?

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
If anyone is looking to buy a SPott HOgg 5 Pin real deal let me know.. I have an extra that Im trying to sell - bought brand new in fall of 2015 and only in the field 4 times..

esoxpirate

I just (this week) got the 3 Pin Re-act from Trophy Ridge for $180 on Amazon).

I as well like that I can have set pins for quick shooting. It was easy to install, was pretty quick to get sighted in, and I love how easy it is to adjust.

I have to say, that coming from a 5 Pin, I can tell the weight difference.

I have shot it out to 80 yards and it is as advertised so far.

I will only be able to shoot out to 110 yards, below that I will have issues with the fletching hitting the sight housing.

Esox

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Picked up an HHA Optimizer Lite with .019" pin and larger sight window and some other bells and whistles. $100 used. Seems to work pretty slick in my garage.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 158
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79