Fish scale recommendation

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for a good quality scale for the boat/ ice house. The electronic ones I have had don't always work when cold, and the plastic ones don't stand up especially on lake Winnipeg.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get a spring scale that is IGFA certifiable. I have a Chatillon 25lb with 4oz increments and a Chatillon 6lb with 1 oz increments. Both are made of brass for no rust. The Boga Grip is also IGFA certifiable.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.transcat.com/ametek-chatillon-in-006-in-006?st-t=adword_google_*&gclid=CJTqmr2lxcsCFYMlgQodP2MCTg

- - - Updated - - -

Just remember though, when you have an accurate scale your fish stories won't be as cool with an actual weight.;)

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was actually waiting for ahab's response. I couldn't remember the name but the tube scale sounds like something you're after. Always works and isn't made of plastic.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
They also have a temperature compensating spring so it is accurate in various temps.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was actually waiting for ahab's response. I couldn't remember the name but the tube scale sounds like something you're after. Always works and isn't made of plastic.

make sure you attach a float ;:;banghead

- - - Updated - - -

I tend not to drop/lose stuff... but my dog/friends/relatives seem to have a real knack for it.

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those look like good option.

Good tip for the float also

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
make sure you attach a float ;:;banghead

- - - Updated - - -

I tend not to drop/lose stuff... but my dog/friends/relatives seem to have a real knack for it.

Yeah, my friends infant son decided to toss my daughters iphone overboard last summer in the bay. He somehow was able to reach it out of the cup holder and then launch it off the side of the tritoon. The mother (friend of my wife) laughs and says "hope you had insurance on it".

It was awesome paying full price for her replacement phone, with those words stuck in my head as I wrote the check for the new one

- - - Updated - - -

#allthingsshouldfloat

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
'll
Yeah, my friends infant son decided to toss my daughters iphone overboard last summer in the bay. He somehow was able to reach it out of the cup holder and then launch it off the side of the tritoon. The mother (friend of my wife) laughs and says "hope you had insurance on it".

It was awesome paying full price for her replacement phone, with those words stuck in my head as I wrote the check for the new one

- - - Updated - - -

#allthingsshouldfloat
Or you could have said "No I don't have insurance so for your sake I hope your a good swimmer." Or if she was a hottie "Its OK babe well just buy a new one".

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 3 phones on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean and haven't received a call ever that the salmon were running. Dang!!!

Steve

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very true, the guys I was with last weekend put on a clinic in front of me, would have been useful. I managed one master but it was a fatty.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66