Arrow Recommendations

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
My arrows are going to be LOOOOOONG (31") so I'll need a stiff spine. Although I'm the epitome of the male physique, I'm not pulling more than 70#. I won't be penetrating anything larger than a deer. So, I'm thinking stiff, straight, and on the light side, maybe some type of Gold Tip. Enlighten me.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any arrow with a .300 spine should work well.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been shooting the maxima red's for two years now. You know, the ones advertised on the outdoor channel as "game changers". Anyway, I had been shooting gold tips before and now that I made the switch I love them. Great all around arrow. They fly awesome with field tips, and I shoot them for 3D events, put a broad head, fixed or mechanical on them and they fly the same. They are also very durable. In two years I haven't had an arrow break, and that includes pass through on deer smacking the ground and a couple complete misses that hit the ground pretty hard. I would give them a series consideration. Just make sure you don't buy them straight out of the box. Those have the straight fletch on them, order the shafts bare and get a helical fletch.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shoot Maxima also. I don't shoot the Red, but rather the camo. I really don't think there is any difference. I notice when I hit the leg in my 3D target with a 50# longbow the head will push back and split the shaft in my Gold Tip. I seldom miss that bad with the compound, but it has happened and although the arrow is much faster the Maxima do not split. I hate the price so I also shoot a lot of 400 Beeman Hunters. They split, but they are about half the price. Just like with the aluminum I always said if you loose a lot of arrow shoot cheap arrow, but if you damage a lot of arrow shoot the more expensive.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check out Black Eagle arrows. Of all the arrows I've shot over the years, these are by far the most consistent spined arrows I've ever used. The price point is at or below the major manufacturers, but the quality and durability is much better than most. Gold Tip still makes a hell of an arrow, but the black eagle rampages are replacing my GT kinetic kaos.

I'll sell you a dozen GT kinetic kaos in 300 spine. I have a 31" DL and shoot a 29" arrow.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76