Get Ready~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Folks around DL expect a flood of blue platers this summer,more so this summer than ever before,I suspect a lot will travel to Leech as well until they realize how tough the slot is there too.

Mille Lacs will be a C&R lake this summer and NO live bait for walleyes,musky guys need to use 8" bait minimum,night fishing ban will be in place as well.

Sad deal...All this while the natives still gill net!

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont get it. There's still an ass load of fish right? I know a few guys that fished there this winter and absolutely pounded walleyes. Is it the huge disparity between big fish and little fish with no in between?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
The situation on ML is pretty sad. Everyone but the DNR seems to have it figured out.

As far as you dirty easterners invading north dakota, enjoy the fishing, spend money at the hotels/restaurants/gas stations/etc. and leave with the allowable limit of fish. If you abide by the same rules we do, there are no problems

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it might have been walleye central they were talking about the lack of forage too? That lake is mega out of whack from a biological stand point.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh yay just what devils lake needs more out of state boats from ANS infested waters.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I say let Mille Lacs buck. Look at URL! All the walleyes disappeared and boom, 17-inch crappies.

In the ephemeral words of Dr. Ian Malcolm of Jurassic Park fame: "I'm, I'm simply saying that life, uh, finds a way."

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
folks catching walleyes this winter (me included) were catching the 2013/2014 year class walleyes (late ice out and no nets),all fish are between 8"s to 12"s in that year class, handful of 20"+ were caught but not many,forage? the lake is loaded,perch,small small mouth bass,shinners etc,majority of fish we caught were healthy but small,the 20"+ walleyes were fat so they are eating well

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its to late,the seeds of stupidity have been spread and are moving west...

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just to clarify, blue platers and sconi's haven't cornered the market on stupidity. I think there are plenty of examples here in flat lander country as well. Just saying:;:deadhorse

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76