Badlands Bass Bandits 2016 Schedule

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
For any of you that have ever fished with us, or those that would just like to compete with some guys fishing for something other than walleyes for once, here is the schedule for the Badlands Bass Bandits. If you are interested in fishing, be sure to click this link to our main site (http://badlandsbassbandits.com/) and read the rules. The main highlights are that there is no live bait or trolling allowed, its a 2-3 man team competition, and a 3 fish limit.

We would love to have you guys come out. Truth be told, most of our members are ND residents that were raised as diehard walleye anglers and just fished one of our bass tournaments once just for the heck of it. Now they are all die hard bass anglers as well. This tells me that a lot of you guys might not know what you're missing out on.

May 14th North Audubon (North Lake)
May 28th Sakakawea (Launch out of Beulah Bay)
June 4th Lake Tschida
July 23rd Ashtabula
July 24th Spiritwood
Aug 5th Missouri River (Launching out of a ramp on Bismarck, site to be determined)
Aug 20th Oahe, SD (Launch out of Indian Creek)
Sep 17/18 Audubon (2 Day Championship)

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to ask. I personally have never caught a bass on the Missouri around Bismarck. If anyone has caught one I would love to know about it. Not saying they don't, just curious as I've never caught one on the river around Bismarck.

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to ask. I personally have never caught a bass on the Missouri around Bismarck. If anyone has caught one I would love to know about it. Not saying they don't, just curious as I've never caught one on the river around Bismarck.

We held a tournament on the river in 2014. I was deployed at the time so I missed out on it. But there were a good number of quality smallmouth and largemouth weighed in. There are lots of largemouth living in the marinas around the docks. As for the smallies, I couldn't tell you where they are because I haven't had the chance to look for them but a number of our members live in Bismarck area and catch smallies there all the time.

I can tell you that we would never pick a tournament location without already knowing if the fishing is any good. It might be tough and will certainly be a challenge to figure out but I know that it will be a good event.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year, I was waiting on audubon for my father in law to show up. I decided to pitch a skitter pop in the mean time. I caught half a dozen smallies and was giggling like a child after each one smacked it on the surface. They're fun to catch, that's for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a little curious as to why you nixed nelson lake.

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
It actually surprised all of us when we voted on lakes that the majority of us didn't want to fish Nelson this year. Its a great lake for numbers and quality. I believe that most of us were of the same opinion as myself in that the lake does tend to fish small (the lake is only 600 acres so it doesn't take much to fill it when there are 15 or so boats on it) and that there are only a few areas on the lake at any given time of the year that hold tournament winning fish.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear you there. two boats fishing the same area is too many. I just know the quality of fish is pretty good for that small of a lake.

Ghost, you should take the bathtub to nelson. give you some fishing confidence back.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nelson is my usual first stop after taking it out of storage for the winter. This year I was brave and dumped it right in the river first outing. Maybe I should one more time before I upgrade. For the record, I did pretty well yesterday on the river.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nelson is my usual first stop after taking it out of storage for the winter. This year I was brave and dumped it right in the river first outing. Maybe I should one more time before I upgrade. For the record, I did pretty well yesterday on the river.

Well that's good to hear. I promised my wife I wouldn't fish last weekend. That was a long 48 hours.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well that's good to hear. I promised my wife I wouldn't fish last weekend. That was a long 48 hours.

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 8.29.39 AM.jpg

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you get an autograph ?? I keep hearing about this guy but have no proof he exists ??

Blue background is to match fancy feast

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member

Largemouth.jpg

Caught this largemouth in 2010 just north of Fox Island along the Riprap, Sure was exciting!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you get an autograph ?? I keep hearing about this guy but have no proof he exists ??

Blue background is to match fancy feast

He indeed exists. Tough recognizing the guy without a giant walleye out in front of him. Just a tall coors original.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
We held a tournament on the river in 2014. I was deployed at the time so I missed out on it. But there were a good number of quality smallmouth and largemouth weighed in. There are lots of largemouth living in the marinas around the docks. As for the smallies, I couldn't tell you where they are because I haven't had the chance to look for them but a number of our members live in Bismarck area and catch smallies there all the time.

I can tell you that we would never pick a tournament location without already knowing if the fishing is any good. It might be tough and will certainly be a challenge to figure out but I know that it will be a good event.

No shi'ite?...

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pitch the rip rap at the mouth of the harbors will normally produce some small mouths and haven't hit it since the flood but the mouth of the hart and any rip rap in the hart can produce some toad SM. Glad to see you guys talking large mouth...can't tell you how many times guys say I'm lying when I tell them the river has good large mouth fishing if you know where to look and since that tends to be the exact opposite of where you would look for walleyes they never see it so don't believe it exists. It always the same too "I've been fishing this river my whole life and know for a fact there are no bass in there"! Then I ask if they pitch allot of topwater in the back waters or spinner baits and they say no and I have my answer.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
May 28th Sakakawea (Launch out of Beulah Bay)
Perfect time for Sak. Pre spawn, spawn.
I would definitely fish this one but my son has graduation that weekend
:mad:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79