Custom Rod Build

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm looking for someone around the Fargo area that builds rods. I know I want a 6-3 medium extra fast with a wood handle but not sure what type of guides to get. Its for my wife for our anniversary. She is always stealing my good rod when we are out pitching jigs.

eklindworth

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chuck DeRemer: 701-361-8910
Has a shop in Fargo. Have done a class from him and he built me a 7.5' three piece for travel.

Last edited:

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
josh clawson from up by grand forks builds superb rods (gillgetter on fbo)

- - - Updated - - -

recoil guides - you won't be sorry

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wanted to have Josh build it. I talked to him a couple months ago about it and he said he would get back to me and hasn't. So I'm running out of time and figured I would see who else builds rods.

REY_off

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wanted to have Josh build it. I talked to him a couple months ago about it and he said he would get back to me and hasn't. So I'm running out of time and figured I would see who else builds rods.

I had gillgetter build a rod for me about a year and half ago. Although communication is not his best attribute, I can attest to his workmanship. If I ever went that route again, I would try my hardest to get him to do another one.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really want to build one of my own. I want to get the rod building school thing set up for here in Bismarck. When I get time I will try to get it lined up.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
has anybody used the microwave guides on a build. they look like they should work for their intended purpose and want to try some for my self

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would also get ahold of chuck if I was in Fargo. I believe auggie has used the microwave guides.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've made a few rods out of Microwaves. They pitch great! Micro guides seem to work about as good. Micro guides will also weigh a little less than microwave.

Apres

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've built 8 (2 for myself) now with the microwave guides and love them for any casting. I talked my buddies into them and they were skeptical but really like them and think it was worth $10 extra. Really reduces the line slap and drag off the blank. I think they were saying 25% greater casting distance and it sure seems that was about right. I've got another 2 with just micro guides and really like them as well. I've got a couple more to build again I might stick with micros and upgrade the blank this time. If you haven't tried microwaves it's defiantly worth trying one.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got my wife's rod back. Chuck did an awesome job. Went with a ST Coix blank and a badlands cedar handle. 20150715_201229.jpg
20150715_201148.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69