Cabela's Trolling rods and line

tommygun23

Established Member
Does anyone have any experience with the Cabela's Depthmaster 3 trolling rods and if the rod reel combo is worth the $60? Also, what are the recommendations for spooling trolling reels, what to use and how much of each as I have no experience with trolling rods. Any help is greatly appreciated.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have the depthfinder 2s i think. i can check tonight. but so far the reels have held up on all 4 rods ( 2 fireline 2 Leadcore) and the rods i use for leadcore are doing good. I only have 1 season on them but so far so good. I know the diawas, abus and others are better but for a budget i sure like them

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have the depthfinder 2s i think. i can check tonight. but so far the reels have held up on all 4 rods ( 2 fireline 2 Leadcore) and the rods i use for leadcore are doing good. I only have 1 season on them but so far so good. I know the diawas, abus and others are better but for a budget i sure like them

i got the same and have 3 or so years on mine and doing good

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
depth finder 2 here. all 4 rods and reels are still workin going on 3 years imo worth it, and I run lead core

tommygun23

Established Member
Is lead core the best option? What other options are there and how much backing and braid do you need of each? Thank you

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70