ND big 3 draw

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's taking them soooooooooo long!!!

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we are supposed to find out at the same time deer tags are awarded. So my guess is, sometime in Nov.

Or it could be, they need to sort through those who have submitted an extra Benjamin vs those who submitted a Franklin to determine who will be hunting this year.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually I thought I read somewhere that it would be mid to late April before results are out. I could be wrong however, its happened before.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Capture1.jpgfrom the ND game and fish

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't want to be a negative ned and the waiting really doesn't bother me anyhow but I don't understand why they cant have a set day like other states. Hell Wyoming for instance apps are due may 31st and results available I think its says june 21st or june 24th cant remember.(deer and goat) but either way we have a set date and know when to check. I think a lot of people hate how its up in the air. fear of the unknown. if ND G&F would say for instance deer will be available july 28th I think people would be more accepting that theres a "set date" and don't have to keep checking back waiting. IDK that's just my thoughts on the deal. but again its never really bothered me to wait as I don't have any issues with taking time off and pretty much set my own schedule within reason.

- - - Updated - - -

they actual go to the point where Wyoming says june 21st at 10am MST. results available online

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we are supposed to find out at the same time deer tags are awarded. So my guess is, sometime in Nov.

Or it could be, they need to sort through those who have submitted an extra Benjamin vs those who submitted a Franklin to determine who will be hunting this year.

If that's what it takes, I would have dropped in a fresh Abraham Lincoln.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe some of you guys who sit on here and post all day could fill these job positions which would help speed up the process. I didn't know that they had lottery deadlines to meet.

Oh and as long as your there put my name in a few hundred extra times.

banner_crop.jpg

Title of the Email

Data Processor

Closing Date: Open until filled

We are hiring 5 positions. Duties include:

• Process and perform data entry of lottery applications with high attention to detail.
  • Open and respond to mail inquires.
  • Stuff envelopes for mailing.
  • Perform various office duties as directed.
  • Dates of employment are from May 31, 2016 to the middle or end of August, 2016 for four of the available positions and one position would possibly be available through the end of September, 2016 depending on work load.
  • Minimum 40 hours per week required end of May through the middle of July, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. A few weeks will be 20 hours during low workloads and increase to 40 hours per week during peak periods to meet lottery deadlines. Most weeks will require 40 hours.
For more information on this and other department employment opportunities see http://gf.nd.gov/about-us/job-openings.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i had a discussion about this with my eastern friends, and was told that it isn't as easy as it seems it should be.
I argued how it should be as easy as getting voting results in essentially one evening, but they said I was an idiot and didn't understand what I was talking about.
I told them that when I enter certain info in on a client, boom up comes a ton of info on them including stuff that maybe shouldn't, how could the game and fish have me enter the info on line for the last many years and still have to fiddle with any of my info, its already in there. They said nope it is not, the have to physically enter all the info and double check this and that. That's when I knew I was fighting a losing battle, so I ended the argument and agreed with them.

Not sure, but seems queer to me

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
It should be so simple this day and age.

If they made it all electronic couldn't they run the lottery in a couple minutes? I'm serious

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess my point wasn't to harass or demean anyone obi. and no I don't need another job. I just figure a state like Wyoming ( who is about as close to ND in population, view points etc ) as you can get handles boat loads more traffic and big game apps and seems to have a smoother system in place with draws/deadlines than ND. why cant we learn something from them? lets be honest with ourselves does our G&F work hard yeah, absolutely they do. do we have the best lottery system in place. No NO we don't, so why then cant we try to improve on it, instead of taking these complaints negatively why not try to better our system.

if your gonna tell me this is the best ND can do than I guess my opinion is different from yours because we can do better.

happy draw results everyone this is an exciting time for the bog game guys as deadlines and draw dates will be coming and going now.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It should be so simple this day and age.

If they made it all electronic couldn't they run the lottery in a couple minutes? I'm serious
You see I was dumb like you just a week ago, until I was taught that computers actually don't speed things up, and my simplistic thinking was not to be tolerated.

I would think other states using computers doing it in a week or two should make all states capable, but our state is less populated, and we have less apps to process, so it makes it more difficult...haha

He had some good reason he kept trying to tell me, but of course I was whiskey smart and not going to have any of his logic.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
it takes time to sort through and give and decide which ones are worthy before they put them in the lottery. be patient.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have the worst game and fish. They suck suck suck!

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess my point wasn't to harass or demean anyone obi. and no I don't need another job. I just figure a state like Wyoming ( who is about as close to ND in population, view points etc ) as you can get handles boat loads more traffic and big game apps and seems to have a smoother system in place with draws/deadlines than ND. why cant we learn something from them? lets be honest with ourselves does our G&F work hard yeah, absolutely they do. do we have the best lottery system in place. No NO we don't, so why then cant we try to improve on it, instead of taking these complaints negatively why not try to better our system.

if your gonna tell me this is the best ND can do than I guess my opinion is different from yours because we can do better.

happy draw results everyone this is an exciting time for the bog game guys as deadlines and draw dates will be coming and going now.

best advice i got during my farming days from my boss.. work smart not hard, sure seems to me this saying should be plastered all over the GF office yes they work hard, but why? the electronics are in place to make things pretty easy, i can log into GF.ND.GOV site and it remembers all of my information from on site visit to the next, but they cant do that when it comes to the lottery? and if other states are doing it juanr is the dumb one for thinking that we should be able to do the same? all seems a little silly to me but what do i know im just a doctor...

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do they even tell u when u can apply for things? Or is it all of a sudden you can apply and you have so long to get your app in?

I know right now that I have to get my application in for MT by March 15 for next year! I'm not sure when ND lottery is for this year! How dumb?

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
best advice i got during my farming days from my boss.. work smart not hard, sure seems to me this saying should be plastered all over the GF office yes they work hard, but why? the electronics are in place to make things pretty easy, i can log into GF.ND.GOV site and it remembers all of my information from on site visit to the next, but they cant do that when it comes to the lottery? and if other states are doing it juanr is the dumb one for thinking that we should be able to do the same? all seems a little silly to me but what do i know im just a doctor...

Exactly. For example, those of us who have a hunters education number, why do we have to fill out our name, ever single time we apply for a license. That hunter ID number is tagged for each person individually. Wouldn't it be smarted to just have that info auto populate with phone number and address. The same thing on our drivers license. I can't imagine, that the GF(State Government) and the DMV(state government) can't operate or share info, so that they have my name, address and drivers license on file. Yet we have to fill this crap out ever single year. It's a little ridiculous.

With all of the programs available to other major companies, for things like auto-bill, shipping, etc, this shouldn't be that complicated. I think what this is really telling us, is that our tax dollars do not go towards improving our GF department.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 60