Best Walleye Plastics

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What are the best walleye jig plastics you guys use? I have mainly only used gulp in the past but am curious of walleye assassins, uncle josh, gulp, northland instinct, twister tails , kalins?

silentbob

Founding Member
Founding Member
i love the walleye assassin turbo shads, only thing i used last year and the start of this open water year. the glowing white body with red tail and the "albino halo" colors are the ones i use most often. I will be getting more packages in a few weeks!

edit: you can never go wrong with the twister tails though. both double and single tails.

Last edited:

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just picked up some walleye assassins to try out, but as for the twister tails, I like them in a silver color with black fleck in them or in a white color. Great walleye bait.

JB_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a big fan of the white powerbait ripple shads & powerbait minnows in either white or black shad colors. Each year I rely more & more on plastics over live bait.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saltwater assassins are a bit more durable than the walleye assassins. I use the 3" twister tail and the 4" saltwater assassins the most. However, I'm giving the pork minnows a try this year to see how they compare.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Early season it is tough to beat a standard twister tail for myself. I'm going to give this paddle tail thing a try more this year.

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've caught some REALLY nice fish on a twister tail. That said, Zoom super flukes and ripple shads have caught me fish as well. Never had quite as much success on Gulp.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody ever try a paddle tail on a spinner rig behind a bottom bouncer? I intend to try/get back to using plastics this year, both jigs and swim baits.

Last edited:

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I caught a bunch of walleyes on jigs and minnows one time lots of times..... I haven't had much luck on plastics but I should probably learn before we all run out of bait when the lights go out....so carry on maybe you can learn me something

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
B Fishing tackle Moxies and Pulse R are worth a look.

1334683103_DSCF0103.JPG
pulse-r-color-chart.jpg

Attachments

moxie-color-chart.jpg
Last edited:

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im trashing all my Gulp!. I have caught more fish on regular unscented/flavored plastics. Except for bluegil, bluegill love Gulp!.

CWS

Founding Member
Founding Member
The white and pink and white from b fish n tackle are my go to's...along with a mimmic minnow

timing

Where do you get those moxies. The ribs should make drop slower which would be good in spring. Gulp is overrated, too stiff.

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just bought some gulp alive leeches and floating crawlers with a good rebate.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I'm wondering if I should have.:(:confused:

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Walleye assassins, moxi tails, and ringworms. I saw there's a guy making okastics in Minot. I'm gonna try some of those.
I'm now at a point with plastics, that when it comes to pitching crankbaits, someone is pitching plastics too.
I've also had luck with triggerX, but its a very stiff plastic. I think walleye assassins have a better action than a mimic minnow.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
This past weekend I picked up my first package of the Moxie brand, with the twister tail, and a box of the pork minnows. I never heard of the pork bait until reading it here. I hope to try them both this week on the river.... will give an update!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77