Landing Net - Best Bang For The Buck

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was cursed with bad luck this past weekend. Pulled the boat into town and when I thought I had taken a turn wide enough the low tire on the trailer hit the curbing. The rubber squished some and got pinched between the curb and the rim. POOF! Tire is now D.O.A. before the gas station. Pull out my jack & gear and only realize then the lug nuts on a trailer are smaller sized than the tire wrench I carry. *Face Palm*

Got the spare switched and now how much will a Marathon trailer tire cost me?

Get home in the evening and unload the gear. Back the boat into the garage and BANG, my telescoping Frabill net is still in the holder. Now it's standing at a 45-degree bend forward. ;:;banghead

Without spending $150 on a net, what is a useful net to look at? I have a $100 giftcard to Cabela's I can use. I see they tout the EGO S2. I do remember a thread on this subject but couldn't find it. Maybe it was a year ago on that 'other' site. I don't think I need the 108" extendable net.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had some bad luck with nets. Have broke a few. Got this RS net. A little spendy but I love the construction and extra long extension handle with a built-in ruler. They come in about any color imaginable

image.jpg
image.jpg

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sorry Up Y'oars, but that made me smile. Mostly because it was good to hear that crap like that happens to others as well.

I'm still piecing together my old extendable Frabill I bought years ago. I think it's on it's 3rd netting.

Dakota Tackle would be the first place I stopped in looking for a new net. I saw folding one (the hoop itself folded) in another boat a couple weeks ago that looked really nice from afar. Other than that I still really like my old Frabill.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got one of these, I'll trade you strait across for a 30 pack of blue yummies .

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 8.54.00 AM.jpg

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i like my ego slider... really need it in the toon, but would also have it in a boat... nice to be able to extend it out when using long snells...

i'd buy another...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's bent, the handle or the hoop? Have you checked w/Frabill? They might send you some stuff gratis for a good "1st time out this spring" fish story.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's bent, the handle or the hoop? Have you checked w/Frabill? They might send you some stuff gratis for a good "1st time out this spring" fish story.

In my experience, Frabill has had top notch service. I called in on a few things for my flip over and rod case and they were quick to send me free replacement parts or total free replacement. Maybe say you went to net a sturgeon and the handle buckled?;)

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member

The tube bent/crimped about 30" from the handle. I thought I could get it back to somewhat of a pole at 20-degree bend instead of a 45-degree bend, then the whole thing went into two pieces. The net and frame at the top are just fine.

I never thought about it, but I suppose I could just get a new pole from Frabill and be back in business, too.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a pretty good price for a landing net. The reason I like the rubber nets is there is NEVER a time where a hook is caught up. I waste no time getting the fish into the livewell and getting my lure/rig back into the water.

Founding Member
Founding Member
He makes a couple different models, designed and produced by a war veteran as well!

About Us

Ranger Products has been manufacturing landing nets since 1962. Our founder, Don Golde was a member of the elite World War II fighting group called “The Rangers.” The shoulder patch he wore so proudly was the inspiration for our ranger “Tough Quality” logo which is on all of our products.

The fighting Rangers are considered the best the United States has to offer, and we consider the same to be true of our landing nets. Most of our nets are handcrafted in the USA. Ranger Products is the culmination of an American dream. We believe that we have the best and most diversified line of landing nets in the industry.

You and your continued support in our products are the reason we are here. We always value your feedback on our products. We back up this claim with a Lifetime Guarantee on most products. Your 100% satisfaction is our goal – our pride depends on it. We’ll do anything possible to make you a customer for life.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=ranger+fishing+net

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm gonna cry someday when my Beckman needs to be replaced.

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm gonna cry someday when my Beckman needs to be replaced.

Right? Two of the boats I fish from regularly have them. The third boat also had one, until an unnamed, inexperienced angler (my aunt) left it setting in the wrong place and it went overboard.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 60