Anyone have a Springfield XD Mod.2 Tactical?

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm looking at buying the new Springfield XD Mod.2 Tactical 5 inch and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? From all the reviews I've read, it looks like a sweet shooting gun. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the mod 2, but with the 3" in 9mm. It's my daily carry. I love it!!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I had bought that with the threaded barrel. I have a plane Jane xd 45, and recently bought the xdm competition. The problem with the completion with the 5.25 inch barrel is no one makes a suppressor ready barrel for it. The tactical would have been the better choice.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Different handguns shoot better for different people. Your going to have to get your hands on them Nanky. To me the S&W M&P feels the best in hand, but I couldn't hit squat with either of mine. The trigger was very poor, and only slightly better in the Glocks I have shot. The stacking bothers me. I hit best with the Springfield XD not because they feel better, and perhaps not because they are better handguns, but to me there is no comparison in the factory triggers. Springfield is lacking that stacking while both the others stack and have a jerky feel when you hit increased pull spots. Not even the stacking is smooth. If it was I could live with it.

I have a S&W Shield that I liked until I bought a Springfield. I can live with the Shield, but the M&P VTac that I bought was much worse than the Shield. When you pull the trigger not only do you have to overcome the striker spring, but you have to overcome a plunger that I see no other purpose in than hiding the atrocious trigger pull. That and meeting the liberal requirements of an impossible trigger pull for on duty officers. See item number 11 and 12 in the Brownell schematic below.

http://www.brownells.com/schematics/Smith-Wesson-/3953-DAO-sid419.aspx

Different people have different requirements. Handgun or rifle for me it's the trigger. I have considered Glocks, but have never pulled one apart to look at their trigger mechanism. Because of how they feel I suspect they have a liberal feel good trigger mechanism that takes away from the smoothness and adds unneeded weight. Don't know so someone else will have to chime in and tell us about the trigger.

Last edited:

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you have the Supremecy? What makes it better? Just curious, I'm open for new ideas. Thanks.

yea, sure, yours to use if/when you get to bis next

G34 Specs

cartridge1.gif

9x19 / Safe Action [h=2]Dimensions[/h]
competition_dimensions.gif

• [h=3]Length:[/h] 224 mm / 8.81 in.
  • [h=3]Width:[/h] 30.00 mm / 1.18 in.
  • [h=3]Length Between Sights:[/h] 192 mm / 7.55 in.
  • [h=3]Height:[/h] 138 mm / 5.43 in.
  • [h=3]Barrel Height:[/h] 32 mm / 1.26 in.
  • [h=3]Barrel Length:[/h] 135 mm / 5.31 in.
[h=2]Weights[/h]
weights.gif

• [h=3]Unloaded:[/h] 730 g / 25.77 oz.
  • [h=3]Loaded:[/h] 930 g / 32.83 oz.
[h=2]Trigger Pull / Travel[/h]
competition_trigger.gif

• [h=3]Trigger Pull:[/h] ~2.0 kg / ~4.5 lbs.
  • [h=3]Trigger Travel:[/h] ~12.5 mm / ~0.49 in.
[h=2]Barrel Rifling / Length of Twist[/h]
competition_barrel.gif

• [h=3]Barrel Rifling:[/h] right hand, hexagonal
  • [h=3]Length of Twist:[/h] 250 mm / 9.84 in.
[h=2]Magazine Capacity[/h]
competition_magazine.gif

• [h=3]Standard:[/h] 17
  • [h=3]Optional:[/h] 10/33

[h=2]XD MOD.2 Specs[/h]
Caliber9mm

Recoil SystemDual Spring w/ Full Length Guide Rod

Sights3-dot iron w/ fiber optic front and white dot rear

Weight (with Empty Magazine)29 oz. w/ Empty Magazine

Height5.5"

SlideForged Stainless Steel or Melonite® Carbon Steel

Barrel5" Hammer Forged, Carbon Steel, Melonite® / 1:10 RH

Length8.3"

Grip Width1.20"

FrameBlack Polymer

Magazines2 - 16 Round (10 Round Available)

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just find a nice stainless Python in .44 mag. You won't ever need to shoot it if in a defense situation. Everyone knows what it is. Just pull it out. I hear burglars and other deviants drop dead at the sight of a python. Also, according to this biography I see on TV, it works well on the undead. Plug, glocks are for wussies and gang members who hold it sideways. ;:;barf

sbe2

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nanky. Not sure what you are looking for in a handgun but i recommend shooting a few before buying. I have shot a few 1911s, various Springfield XD, and a few Glocks. They all shoot well once you get used to them its mainly just about what you want to do with it. I currently own a Glock not because it is the best looking firearm around but it does always go bang when i need it to. There are a lot of good handguns out there just need to see what fits you well is all.

The Glock triggers can be helped out a lot by using different trigger bars that make them a little easier to shoot well.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't own a Springfield XD Mod 2 Tactical. The pride cats and goats have about their buttholes is loathsome.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76