Yetti Ice Houses?????

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a fair to midlin' chance at a 6.5 X 12 open floor plan ramp door 2015 model Yetti Ice House and would like the good, the bad, and the ugly about these things. Not really interested in a comparison or argument over which wheel house is better. I don't have a choice here. It's this Yetti or nothin'. Thanks in advance Ice Boys!!!!

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
My brother bought the exact same thing as you are looking at a couple of years ago. I think it is the best quality fish house made after looking at it.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a couple people who have Yetti's and they are great houses. Not the same as yours, but I'm guessing the quality extends to all lines.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have it yet, but it's a definite possibility. Been burning up the internet for info, but nothing is as good as experience. Thanks Guys. Here is the exact house....

yetti.jpg
yetti1.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
so are you still needing to set up the heat, lights, accessories etc.?

Looks really nice.

would it fit a ranger(side by side) in the ramp door?

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
If Yeti makes ice houses like they make coolers, the ice underneath the house will remain intact year 'round.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
so are you still needing to set up the heat, lights, accessories etc.?

Looks really nice.

would it fit a ranger(side by side) in the ramp door?

Yep!!! As of now it comes as is. As far as the ranger, it should. It's 6.5 ft wide so if you subtract wall width you should have almost 6 ft of space to work with. Height might be more of an issue.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've had an ice castle and a zack shack, along with a few home made ones...

the ice castle was great to party in, and more comfortable, but a pain to move... that part comes from EVERYTHING you can fit in it that has nothing to do with fishing (my fault)... mine became more of a camper on ice...

the zack shack was great for fishing and moving multiple times per day chasing fish... yetti is basically the aluminum version of the zack shack, and will be easily moved with minimal snow by a 4 wheeler...

only drawbacks of the yetti MIGHT be the softer metal, and a mechanical axle system dependent on a winch, but that would be it... the major PLUS would be that your season is extended both early and late...

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the way the front hitch on the yetti is built the jack is permanent. It also cranks up so it is does not sit on the ice. I find the yetti very easy to move. Pull it everywhere with a mule.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you buy that I will show you a great crappie spot to set it on. Just sayin...

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like an above average piece of equipment. Thanks Guys for the insight!!! I appreciate it!!

If I end up with this Enslow, crappies sound like a pretty good house warming party!!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76