Yellowstone NP Fly Fishing

scarecrow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody fished here? I'm going for a few days this summer and I would like to try the scene there. I have a little experience from my Colorado days. I'm thinking about renting equipment. Does anybody have a good spot that's kid and wife friendly?

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've fished the Yellowstone River a few times, but always with a guide/drift boat. If the fish are really active in the park, guide services are available for wading trips, too. Guides always have equipment for the client's use, usually high-end stuff from the shop where you book the guide services.

The Mantis

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scarecrow, if I'm going to the park to fish I'd hit yellowstone lake and rent a boat or take a guided trip, pretty reasonable. HUGE lake trout to be had. All you need it seems is some silver spoons I've heard. Did a job down there last year, never had time to fish but the guy running the job was staying there and went down and hit the lake every night in his kayak and slayed 'em. Some are very large and the park service wants them gone. We looked into boat rentals and they seemed fairly reasonable... Just a thought, not trying to divert you from your original plan, I'm sure fly fishing would be fun in the park, just be on the lookout for grizzlies at all times.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75