Left cranking Bait Caster

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I only have one, however I really prefer it to the more common right handed retrieve.

Do any of you guys have any and if so what brand do you have???

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have lews and pfleuger. I don't use them for casting but prefer them for lindy/bouncer rigging. I setup my feels so the rod on my right side or hand has a left hand retrieval and a right hand retrieval on my left side.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shimano caius and an abu Garcia blackmax the blackmax is on a rod mainly used for trolling while the shimano is on a rod mostly used for casting jigs and cranks

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have lews and pfleuger. I don't use them for casting but prefer them for lindy/bouncer rigging. I setup my feels so the rod on my right side or hand has a left hand retrieval and a right hand retrieval on my left side.

Yup, agree. I have the Abu Gracia Blackmax.

Anyone have Lew's??? Looking at them.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, Shimano Calcutta (51, 151, 251, 401) Calais, Chronarchs a, b, and MG, castiac, and curado. Couple of Abu 5601, a C3 and a C4.

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shimano caius and an abu Garcia blackmax the blackmax is on a rod mainly used for trolling while the shimano is on a rod mostly used for casting jigs and cranks
I use mine for the heavier stuff but I have a hard time with the lighter stuff especially in wind. Tikka how light of stuff do you cast with yours.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have two Abu Garcia Revo SXs, an Abu Ambassador, and a Daiwa Procaster, that are left-hand retrieve. I'm right-handed, so I cast with my right hand, and switching hands after the cast is dumb, so all of mine are left handed.
If you're going to cast with it, you want something nice like $150+ (I'm a fan of the Revo), or you'll just get frustrated. If you just want to troll with it, just about any old pile will do.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a little older Lewss and love it. Any bait caster now will more than likely be a Lews. Smooth, easy to setup, good drag and adjustment, comfortable.
With a decent price tag.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use mine for the heavier stuff but I have a hard time with the lighter stuff especially in wind. Tikka how light of stuff do you cast with yours.
Mostly 3/8 since it is my first time using one for this. Will try lighter baits as I get more confident and can better tune the settings

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
What all u guys have leftys? I am lh and I don't think I could use one

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a abu silver max for pulling spinners. Love the flippin switch! No idea how it casts though.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nor should you, rod in your strong hand, reel with the weak side.

That's what I always thought but all my friends are opposite and think it's the other way around so what is the so-called right way??? Also we argue about how to use a hockey stick is it your strong hand on top or the bottom?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77