Live from the blind.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are at about 5hrs in the blind so far today. Got setup at about 6 this morning in a patch of woods full of birds. After listening to birds gobble for 45 min on the roost and both my boy and I getting excited. We got to watch them fly down and head the other way. We stuck it out for another 45 min before he started to get cold. After that we went for a drive covering some of the best turkey ground in my area and only seeing one hen I knew it was going to be a rough day. We went back to the house for a quick nap and headed back out. We went to the same batch of trees just setup about 200 yards for where we did this morning. 30 minutes in we had 4 birds feeding out in front of us in a draw. Knowing they were not responding to calls we didn't even bother. About an hour later a hen and jake cleared the ridge. I handed my boy his gun and watched him settle in and take the safety off. Only to watch him moments later flip the safety back on and say I'll wait for a bigger one. I have a feeling the next bird that walks by is going to get waxed. He is starting to regret his decision but I think it will pay off by the end of the night.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice update keep us posted on how it goes. Any chance you can post a live pic of your set up.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
IMG_0374.jpgI took this pic out of my house window last spring. Turns out these Toms love to see themselves in a window reflection. They also peck at the window until you think they are gonna break it. I hope your son gets to see one like this in his sights!
Good Luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the second pic snafoo!! Wrong pic!

Hunt On!!

Attachments

IMG_0511.JPG

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
And he missed the same jake he passed up earlier. I just have one hen out had a jake and a hen before but the jake that came in earlier didn't come in as good as the second time.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm happy he missed cause this big boy showed up about a minute later and gave him a 15 yard shot.
20160409_165655.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm happy he missed cause this big boy showed up about a minute later and gave him a 15 yard shot.
20160409_165655.jpg

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes its just a little creek. About a foot wide this year. Just got done cleaning the bird. I forgot how bad turkey guts stink.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good job. At least this time you weren't coming out in the dark from that area :) Jadyen did a great job sticking it out with the wind and definitely makes for a big smile

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
WOW! outstanding indeed,I'll bet his cheeks still hurt from that big ass smile...memories like this last a lifetime.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think his smile will be leaving anytime soon. It's the only thing he talks about.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75