Boeser and Gersich called MN rejects in this facebook rant by Jeff Dubay and others

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's the other side of the Fighting Sioux out there. Jeff Dubay of course, for those of you who don't know used to be with Paul Allen (from PA and Dubay fame) on what now is the Paul Allen show on KFAN radio out of MPLS.

If he is such a Sioux hater, why watch the game. Probably has something to do with a green leafy substance or a white powder.

Grab a cup of coffee and read on if you care to.

https://www.facebook.com/jeff.dubay.56

Remember, that douchebag does not deserve any intelligent response from me and maybe even you.
His Gophers are probably only the 5th best college hockey team in Minnesota!! haha!!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fighting hawks....haha... They dove in and scored some goals. Good for them they are atop the highest perch in the nation.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have Facebook. Is that why I don't see his ramblings when I click on the page?

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have Facebook. Is that why I don't see his ramblings when I click on the page?

here is what Dubay said:

Watching the Frozen Four title game and have seen everything I KNOW about North Dakota hockey completely reinforced. They have dynamic talent bordering on overwhelming at times and they are as classless a collection of thugs and assholes that you will ever see at the college level. It's an institutional problem. They're coached to be that way. I've seen former coach Dave Hakstol send a goon defenseman to line up at wing for a meaning less center ice faceoff at the end of a game long since decided so he could jump on and pummel his opponent when the puck was dropped. I've seen a team captain instigate a fist fight in the handshake line. TWICE! Never seen it before or since in any sport. And now I've spent twenty minutes watching them take every liberty possible against Quinnipiac including numerous borderline hits intentionally targeting an injured opponent, going specifically at the injured body part multiple times. They could very well be a couple hours from being the NCAA champion but they are, were, and always will be a fucking disgrace. Fans can troll away, I'm not dumb enough to read your crap or respond to it. I've spoken to coaches and referees from the old WCHA in very candid, off the record conversations and I've heard them say things about that program and the way it's run that are far more critical than anything I've even said.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
He is just butthurt over the fact that the gophers are no longer a power team in college hockey and may never be again. Plus the Sioux are the face of college hockey over the last ten years really puts him over the edge.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
here is what Dubay said:

Watching the Frozen Four title game and have seen everything I KNOW about North Dakota hockey completely reinforced. They have dynamic talent bordering on overwhelming at times and they are as classless a collection of thugs and assholes that you will ever see at the college level. It's an institutional problem. They're coached to be that way. I've seen former coach Dave Hakstol send a goon defenseman to line up at wing for a meaning less center ice faceoff at the end of a game long since decided so he could jump on and pummel his opponent when the puck was dropped. I've seen a team captain instigate a fist fight in the handshake line. TWICE! Never seen it before or since in any sport. And now I've spent twenty minutes watching them take every liberty possible against Quinnipiac including numerous borderline hits intentionally targeting an injured opponent, going specifically at the injured body part multiple times. They could very well be a couple hours from being the NCAA champion but they are, were, and always will be a fucking disgrace. Fans can troll away, I'm not dumb enough to read your crap or respond to it. I've spoken to coaches and referees from the old WCHA in very candid, off the record conversations and I've heard them say things about that program and the way it's run that are far more critical than anything I've even said.

What does he think this is , Basketball ?

- - - Updated - - -

GO SIOUX

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
He's just a big wussy. I get to the Ralph maybe twice a year and Watch UND on the tube when I can. I'm no expert on hockey but last night I saw penalties laid on the Sioux for hard hits and a lot of ignored hits from Quin. Dubay is just one of those liberal guys that wants no contact and would like to see the NFL become a flag football league. If the Gophers were hitting hard it would be just good hockey. Don't listen to him.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this Dubay feller was on Nodak I might be inclined to give him some bad rep points in someone elses name.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A lot of Quinn big hits in the game were high elbows to the head so they were not innocent as many anti sioux fans complain

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
He pissed away his sports casting career smoking crack. His opinion means less to me than the raving lunatic preaching about the apocalypse outside the stadium.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
He pissed away his sports casting career smoking crack. His opinion means less to me than the raving lunatic preaching about the apocalypse outside the stadium.

And was caught ~1yr ago with meth.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
here is what Dubay said:

just read this again and something else came to mind that i was thinking bout last night...

the interviews and reporting after the game last night were money for sioux fans... mn IS the state of hockey i believe... it is canada south all year, over the entire state, and the fan base is split between many teams that their local kids end up playing for...

any potential high end high school hockey recruits that didn't watch that game last night won't ever go to und anyway... for every one who at least has und as an option prolly had a hard time going to sleep last night... for future recruiting, last night couldn't have been scripted any better for the good guys...

dubay knew that last night may end up costing his gophers many many top prospects over the next few years... i bet he's really pist today... :)

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
yea! here is his rant today. he gives cred to our program and sees it doing well but says we cross the line on physical, i guess. If he was reffing then he'd be blowing the whistle, but he's not. If we cross the line we'd be whistled on it. Probably one of the better teams playing up to, but in most cases not crossing that line.

Puffy said today:
I knew my post about North Dakota hockey would bring out the hatred from the fan base but I defy any fan to dispute the facts presented in the post. Obviously I editorialized when I called them thugs and a disgrace but everything i backed it up with is factual and unimpeachable. It amazes me that the fan base will forever deny something that everyone inside college hockey has acknowledged for years. North Dakota plays a style of hockey that goes over the line more than any team in the game. But as I also mentioned, year in year out they are absolutely loaded with talent and an elite program by every measure. To be honest, I'm not sure why the fans bristles the way they do when this topic comes up. Again, read the post from yesterday and find a factual misrepresentation. There are none. Embrace what you are, an elite program that plays an in your face style that at times goes much farther than the college game should. Still don't believe me? Hakstol really did send a thug onto the ice in the closing seconds to pound on an opponent. That story is true and it's a disgrace at the college level.

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
So he's calling the Sioux savages? That's really hostile and abusive. What an insensitive racist.

I don't watch Sioux hockey but I did watch the Denver and Quinupiac matches. I have to agree that UND was absolutely targeting guys and playing dirty. I watched it thinking, "man, college hockey is really dirty. This is awesome."

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79