Renewing ND Drivers License

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My son went to renew his DL this week. He is told that you now have to have a copy of birth certificate, a second ID and proof of ND residence. The proof of residency is a copy of bills in your name at that address, etc. etc. You concealed weapons permit will not substitute for your birth certificate even though law enforcement crawled up your ass to check you out. This went into effect sometime late last year. First I've heard of it. Doesn't something like this have to come from the legislature? How did I not hear about this going through last session? I don't necessarily mind this but I think they should have a decent public campaign to inform people of this. No wonder none of these out of state oil workers have ever taken up residency here. I don't think the state wants them too. It would mean too many voters out west.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
i just renewed my drivers license in Grand Forks i would say 2 months ago and i just handed them my old one and they gave me a new one? something seems a little off about your sons renewal?

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
My son went to renew his DL this week. He is told that you now have to have a copy of birth certificate, a second ID and proof of ND residence. The proof of residency is a copy of bills in your name at that address, etc. etc. You concealed weapons permit will not substitute for your birth certificate even though law enforcement crawled up your ass to check you out. This went into effect sometime late last year. First I've heard of it. Doesn't something like this have to come from the legislature? How did I not hear about this going through last session? I don't necessarily mind this but I think they should have a decent public campaign to inform people of this. No wonder none of these out of state oil workers have ever taken up residency here. I don't think the state wants them too. It would mean too many voters out west.

it almost sounds like the license was expired...not just renewed...

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
new requirements for commercial drivers license...just had to do this myself...it's a federal thing

Yep, same here. Renewed the CDL last month and needed a utility bill and my passport I think. The paperwork it came with said it was because of the CDL.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I moved last year, and was buying my son an 870 express for Christmas. I had my old address on my license and had to go to the DMV and have it updated before the Scheels guy would sell it to me. I went in, gave him my old one, had him put the new address on the new one, paid $3.00 and out the door I went. This was in Fargo over the thanksgiving holiday, the day after Friday. Was quick and simple.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I moved last year, and was buying my son an 870 express for Christmas. I had my old address on my license and had to go to the DMV and have it updated before the Scheels guy would sell it to me. I went in, gave him my old one, had him put the new address on the new one, paid $3.00 and out the door I went. This was in Fargo over the thanksgiving holiday, the day after Friday. Was quick and simple.

Fargo DMV might be the most efficient governmental entity in the country. even with 10 people ahead of you in line, whatever you've got to do can be tackled over your lunch break and still time to grab lunch.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't get me started on the DMV, here it all depends on the bitch that running the window...once I had to renew, they said I failed the eye test and said i needed letter from doctor.
From this point on, I won't let them give me an eye test , DMV got some cruel people working there

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member

Maybe she thought he was applying for one of those queer marriage licenses.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh, makes sense now. I didn't now this was a homosexual thing.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did the same thing in February. Not having a certified copy of my birth certificate in my back pocket, and not having time to drive 90 miles to the Capitol to get one, I ordered one online. That was a mistake!! $50 later I had a nice shiny new certificate. For that money I'm going to get it framed and put in a display case.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
new requirements for commercial drivers license...just had to do this myself...it's a federal thing
Bingo that's what it is. He has a Class B. Has only had ND license his whole life. Was renewing it on time. He will have to do it again since he is moving into a new house this month. I thought something seemed really wacked. The commercial makes sense now.

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should be interesting when all the Somalians driving for the turnip haulers in the RRV have to renew their "commercial" license.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure I've used my CCW as an ID in a airport before. Been awhile though.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should be interesting when all the Somalians driving for the turnip haulers in the RRV have to renew their "commercial" license.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure I've used my CCW as an ID in a airport before. Been awhile though.
they don't need a CDL to drive for them. Ag is exempt from requiring CDL's. Nice huh?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80