Kobe Bryant

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Kobe plays his final game tonight. I am going to end up with a severe depression from this. I have been a lifetime Lakers fan, and Kobe retiring is like losing a piece of my childhood.

This reminds me of how I felt when Magic retired.

Sad day in Laker land (and NBA land).

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Quit watching NBA when Jordan left. I think I was spoiled watching in 80 and 90's as that was great basketball

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't watch pro basketball or football anymore, very few act like they've done it before. Mike Tyson was the best at acting like a professional, watch some of his old fights, he'd knock a guy out and just walk to his corner like he's done it before. The dreadlocks and tattoos are out of control, real role models.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I won't miss kobe for a minute. He may have been one of the best ever statistically. But, I was never a fan. And this year was a disaster. And personality Wise, he couldn't hold magics jock any day of the week. Just my opinion. I will admit it might not even be the most informed one. But, it's mine. Sorry.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a Suns fan so I hate him and the entire nba for that matter#$%^&>

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't watch pro basketball or football anymore, very few act like they've done it before. Mike Tyson was the best at acting like a professional, watch some of his old fights, he'd knock a guy out and just walk to his corner like he's done it before. The dreadlocks and tattoos are out of control, real role models.

nba doesn't have role models but a dude who tried twice and succeeded to bite off a guys ear is? Makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason I was never a Kobe fan. Him and Shaq together was fun though.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Quit watching NBA when Jordan left. I think I was spoiled watching in 80 and 90's as that was great basketball

That was awesome bball. I still love the nba. Especially rivalry games and playoffs.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's be honest. We would rather watch the Warriors try to make history than watch some old man on the worst team in nba. Ha

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's be honest. We would rather watch the Warriors try to make history than watch some old man on the worst team in nba. Ha

No because then people will say they could play with the 98 bulls who would wipe the floor with the warriors

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
No because then people will say they could play with the 98 bulls who would wipe the floor with the warriors

Not the 98 bulls but get the point. The 96-97 bulls would sweep the Warriors. No doubt about that.

I would still rather watch the Warriors

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The NBA has been a giant joke for well over a decade. Maybe it's because it was only fun to watch games with my grandpa. He and I had a good time rooting for opposite teams.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not the 98 bulls but get the point. The 96-97 bulls would sweep the Warriors. No doubt about that.

I would still rather watch the Warriors

I would like watching the warriors playing the pistons. Isaiah would make curry cry like a lttle girl

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
See I liked Kobe because he was an exceptional athlete as well as team member, Phil Jackson came to LA because he could see that Kobe had the drive and dedication to become an elite player like jordan for example. When LA traded for Shaq, I thought for sure they were going to be the next dynasty in basketball. Kobe single handedly ruined that dream by ruining his career by rape allegations, even if this was not or was true Kobe should've paid her off before it became a circus act. What really made me lose respect for him was when he stated that he wasn't the only one to sleep around with other woman. After that the rest is history

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/sep/29/sports/sp-bryant29

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79