simrad... hmmmm...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dang it , I was ready to settle on a 7'' Garmin now this comes up. I think I'd be happier with buttons, My paws get grubby and wet when I fish and I am always tinkering with those gadgets .

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Description says built in forward scan, then down in paragraphs it basically days you need another transudcer for that(so not included???)
garmin units are awesome!!

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dang it , I was ready to settle on a 7'' Garmin now this comes up. I think I'd be happier with buttons, My paws get grubby and wet when I fish and I am always tinkering with those gadgets .

Thinking the same thing. My phone at the end of a fishing trip looks like a ball of leeches raped it. That thing would look downright X-rated by comparison.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
in a couple years everything over 200 bucks will b touch, just the way it's going...

i read somewhere they use the same processor as the gen 2 or 3 lows... they look way faster than my elite 7... the go free would enable any smartphone or tablet to control or view it... pretty high end piece for 750...

would love to play with 1...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
in a couple years everything over 200 bucks will b touch, just the way it's going...

i read somewhere they use the same processor as the gen 2 or 3 lows... they look way faster than my elite 7... the go free would enable any smartphone or tablet to control or view it... pretty high end piece for 750...

would love to play with 1...
garmin kind of went away from touch. my 70DV is touch but the new 73 and others aren't. They only have one touch model now.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
The gen 3 lowrance units have touch screens and buttons. Simrad is basically a lowrance with more bells and whistles.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member

Lil drunk (thanks buffalo trace...) when I got to "when I fish and I am always ti......"

Filled er in w titty sprinkles and jst like that u almost got my first thumbs up Davey :)

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want a 40 inch curved screen sonar!:;:thumbsup as for needing a second transducer that's the same with many other ones out there. My helix is 360 compatible but it cost a grand or more for the second transducer.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want a 40 inch curved screen sonar!:;:thumbsup as for needing a second transducer that's the same with many other ones out there. My helix is 360 compatible but it cost a grand or more for the second transducer.

Thumbs Up The only reason I have been holding off this long on a nice unit is because I want one that I can plug into a laptop computer. I want a screen big enough that I can see detail from the back of the boat. Going to have to pick some minds again to see if there is an affordable unit out there like that yet.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thumbs Up The only reason I have been holding off this long on a nice unit is because I want one that I can plug into a laptop computer. I want a screen big enough that I can see detail from the back of the boat. Going to have to pick some minds again to see if there is an affordable unit out there like that yet.

this is it davy... here's a 5" unit for $570 - that includes down and side scan, and go free for wireless... your laptop would hook up to this through wifi...

http://www.basspro.com/Simrad-GO5-X...with-TotalScan-Transducer/product/1512281425/

10" tablets are 1-$200 each and ram mounts for them are bout $100 each...

I'm looking at having the 5" simrad mounted in the dash, then, when fishing, i have 2 more 10" tablets hooked up wireless that i can have anywhere in the boat on ram mounts...

with this system i would have 1 - 5" and 2 - 10" screens for $1000... anyone else who wanted to download the app to their own smartphone or tablet could view the screen...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thumbs Up I looked at what you're up to and read and dug a little deeper and found more information for other models too. I have asked about this a few times and never could make that connection, I always figured the capabilities were there. This could turn out to be a game changer for me.

http://science.opposingviews.com/connect-laptop-fishfinder-14140.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_8689133_use-laptop-fish-finder.html

low and simrad at least use some of the same components from what i can tell... the same technology is on the low side, but you have to get into the gen 2 or 3's to get it starting @ about $2k... the new toon i'm looking at has a spot for a 5", so what i mentioned above would work perfectly for me...

FISHIN-BARGE-22-XP3_img161531_900.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73