Bismarck shore fishing

Beetle

I'm in Bismarck till Monday and don't have plans for Sunday. I brought jigs and plastics. I am wondering if there a place a guy can pitch jigs and maybe catch a couple walleyes. I fished fox island for a little bit last night. Didn't see any fish caught it didn't stay long. Lots of current. Any tips would be great. Thanks in advance!

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Head south farther, eckroth, rice, hazelton. Hell on a Saturday you can walk from boat to boat and not get your feet wet crossing the river, from what I know of not a lot of shore "accessible" other than the ramp areas

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The gun range boat ramp has a couple good holes by it so a decent spot to try. Also if you keep going south past the ramp turnoff in the bottoms and take a right at the tee in the road that will lead you to a decent shore area. This weather won't be doing you any favor it's dropped the temp a ton and a fair few fish are in post spawn mode so probably less active fish at this point to start with.

Beetle

i fished the desert boat landing for a couple hours last night. Was able to catch one 15" eye. Saw some guys fishing a ways away saw them catch atleast one.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74