Northern OAHE Series

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
This is my exact idea for an NDA series. Just piggy-back off of the tournaments being ran already.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
These 5 tournaments are the same water just different docks.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think tournaments suck.

I'm not very fond of them either. That's why I like that the local main tournaments created this rather than have some other circuit come in and have even more events. The Pollock tournament has been around for a long time. The Denny, in Mobridge, is run by the chamber. It used to be run by the Jaycee's but they no longer exist in Mobridge. It was one of the first tournaments in the state. It used to be the only one in town all year. Now it seems like there's one every weekend at one of the ramps in Mobridge, if not more than one.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think tournaments suck.

I like them they are fun something different to do in the summer. Now if local people were digging ditches across roads I can see how they are not liked. That's more of a local problem than a tourney problem.

TheWalleye

Honored Member
I don't like tournaments, but that's because I don't have a boat or really know anyone local with a boat... damn boats... :)

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
i agree tournaments suck.
There are way to many of them.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have a "tourney" boat either. My buddy sure does though. We got in the Denny two years ago in Mobridge. Were suppose to last year but he couldn't get away from running his business. I think he wants to get in it again this year, we'll see. It was the first tournament I've been in since the 90's. Placed 13th out of 75 boats. Had fun, even though it rained a lot.

TheWalleye

Honored Member
I don't have a "tourney" boat either. My buddy sure does though. We got in the Denny two years ago in Mobridge. Were suppose to last year but he couldn't get away from running his business. I think he wants to get in it again this year, we'll see. It was the first tournament I've been in since the 90's. Placed 13th out of 75 boats. Had fun, even though it rained a lot.

I think it would be a blast, i have virtually zero experience fishing from a boat but the few guys I know who fish tourneys seem to have a good time - regardless of the outcome.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The ONLY tournament worth going to IMO!!!!!!

Bullhead Tourney 2015151.jpg

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
They tend to bring out the worst in people.

Gotta love Guy putting out the vibe in pic above.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Will be fishing the wolves again this year usally suck really bad but have a great time fishing it. I dont really notice the tourneys here as they load and un load at the boat ramp rather fast. Its the idiots that have jet skis and boats that sit in front of the dock holding it up. Oahe is big enough i dont get bothered by other people fishing

pluggin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think this is a very good idea. Think it will get help gain interest in all the tournaments and maybe see more of the same people in all of them.

I wish they had a little more information out there. Myself and others are wondering how they will do "Team of the year" if you fish with different people for the different tournaments. Anybody hear how they will do it?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't heard, but I'll throw out an idea. Give points per person. 1st = x amount of points etc,. Then if you fish with someone else in a different tournament same thing. The award would be an individual award. Of course if you fish with the same guy every time, your points would be tied.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fished a lot of tournament over the years I believe 95% of the people fishing them are honest I just worry about the other 5%. O another thing is Just because you are in a tournament doesn't mean that you own the river or lake so when you blast by Dad, Mom and the kids doing mach 5 50 feet away Scaring the crap out of the people you hurt the sport in general. I still fish tournaments but I do have more respect for the people on the water around me. I see this way to often. There got that off my chest.;:;rant

pluggin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't heard, but I'll throw out an idea. Give points per person. 1st = x amount of points etc,. Then if you fish with someone else in a different tournament same thing. The award would be an individual award. Of course if you fish with the same guy every time, your points would be tied.

This is exactly what I was thinking and would be 100% on board with it. Even if you do fish with the same person for every tournament this way that you are saying will not change anything because they still would split the winnings with either a team or individual deal. It would then have to be up to that individual how he splits up winnings if for say the one person with a boat fished with same guys for all tourneys but maybe 1 guy filled in or something. Maybe there is more I am not thinking of. That is the reason I brought it up.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only problem I see fishing with the same guys, is Pollock only allows two man teams. That could change however, not sure why they haven't changed with the times. Maybe they think they'll get less teams IDK?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62