Some Rainy Day DIY projects.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love the rain, but if being outside takes some intestinal fortitude, a guy has some time to putz around with the "Low on the totem pole" type projects. Here are a couple of mine that I have been killin' time with the last couple days.....

Since I've been turkey hunting the last couple of years and I was fortunate enough to take a good Tom this spring, I thought I should probably come up with a nice way to honor these beautiful birds and this is what I came up with....

This fan will be put on a stained oak plaque that will have the top corners at a 30 degree angle and the bottom corners rounded out toward the inside. The beards will be hung right under the "saddle" of the fan as in the pic and the spurs will be lined out under each side per the pic. This way I can commemorate each subsequent bird without having to remake a fan display. It will be about 10 days before I can put the whole thing together as the fan, spurs, and beards need to sit in the borax for that long. I'll post a pic of the finished product, if and when it turns out.

DSC04194.jpg

The second project has been to flock some cheapo canada deks I picked up a couple years ago and haven't put them out as they looked like crap as you can see in the pic. Now, they look pretty good IMO and I plan on incorporating them into my spread this fall.

DSC04210.jpg

And as always I have my jig making exploits that have been well displayed on here before.

Any other Rainy Day Projects out there????

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Rewired the lights on my boat trailer. Turns out it was a broken wire on my pickup so that was all for not. I feel better about the new wiring though, so ... I got that going for me.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sorted a bunch of pistol and rifle brass and was planning on changing the impeller, gaskets, wear plates, and thermostat in my boat motor but that got pushed back until tonite so after a quick stop for some beer I'll be dropping the lower unit I hope.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
That Fan is going to look nice. Sorting through fishing tackle and building a couple more birdhouses is my warm feeling on a cold rainy day.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Picked worms with my kiddo. Ran to Fleet Farm for a "worm house" to keep them in.

Now we have a bait bucket in the fridge ready for some panfish this weekend!

Pretty productive morning.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75