Hunting/Fishing Apps

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
What phone/tablet apps do you use to help with your hunting/fishing outings ?

What is the app? What does it do?

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Knot Wars - shows how to tie fishing knots and how they score in various strength tests.

northman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use Spyglass for hunting, fishing and navigation. It works when offline and supports several map types. The most helpful function for me is the ability to mark spots and waypoints for tracking. I use it to mark my car and stands locations. It also has sextant, compass, rangefinder, speedometer, inclinometer and more.
It's a paid app but you won't regret. Here it is https://itunes.apple.com/app/spyglass/id332639548?mt=8&at=11lLc7&ct=fs

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
ArcGIS helped me out with ND plots and also some fishing reports and stocking. Also have used Fishidy for larger bodies of waters contours.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fishing mobile check it out it has everything from knots to radar Google earth moon phase, fish activity and much more

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
Area Map, uses very up to date Google map satellite images and can be used to measure acreages, distance, etc. used it for measuring food plots and found that we were seeding WAY to heavy. Just us your finger to. Draw on the map and gets you your info, very simp,e.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
And fishidy for contour maps and some exact spots, maps are fair but give you a chance to check stuff out while sitting on the couch. musky hunter, google earth

greybeard

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Fishing Advisor is my go to app for fishing. Don't follow it to a tee with its advise but the colors and times it recommends I have found to be very useful/accurate. I started with the lite version but upgraded to the Pro version, definitely worth the fee. Uses local weather forecast and solunar tables to predict fish activity. Works great!!

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Navionics for ice fishing.

GPS Hunt Pro for land contours, aerial photos, etc for hunting new locations. Can download the maps and view offline when no service is available.

ArcGIS for PLOTS land.

Shooter for ballistics data.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
luna solaria for sunset and sunrise and moonset and moonrise pressures when the next full moon will be for killing dogs in the winter navionics for fishing onX Hunt gives you all sorts of public and private land info land owners and some info and all the public land in an area with satellite imaging Scout Look deer log for plotting out where all of my treestands are and deer movement can also check scent cones for wind use that one a lot in the fall and deer plot app, but havent really messed around with that one much yet..

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80