St Croix Lengend Elite (2016) or Xtreme

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who has seen or held the newly designed SC Legend Elites? Any comparisons to the Xtremes? Price is pretty much equal between the two. I haven't been able to find the new Elites at any local store yet.

I am in the market for a jigging rod, leaning toward the 6'8" Med XF offerings. Will be mostly used for pitching 1/8oz to 3/8oz jigs. 80% of the time it will be 3/16 or 1/4oz offerings. Probably be used a bit for vertical and dragging presentations as well.

I was going to go with the Xtreme, then saw they redesigned the Elites for 2016 and it made my decision a bit harder. The Torzite guide train on the Elites has me leaning that direction. My understanding is the blanks are identical. SO it comes down to guides, handle/seat, and balance.

Total weight is equal on the two, however I imagine the balance would be a bit different with the Xtreme being a bit more tip heavy (heavier guides, lighter handle). The Elite with the more conventional cork handle and the supposedly latest and greatest guides in the Torzite would seem to balance further back on the blank when compared to the Extreme.

Currently I have a Pflueger Supreme Xt in size 25 (around 6oz) that I could put on there. Also have been eyeing the Stradic Ci4 as a possibility.

Thanks

warrior1

Just bought the 6 10 mlxf legend extreme and love it for pitching lighter jigs. I use a 6 8 loomis nrx mxf for heavier jigs.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who has seen or held the newly designed SC Legend Elites? Any comparisons to the Xtremes? Price is pretty much equal between the two. I haven't been able to find the new Elites at any local store yet.

I am in the market for a jigging rod, leaning toward the 6'8" Med XF offerings. Will be mostly used for pitching 1/8oz to 3/8oz jigs. 80% of the time it will be 3/16 or 1/4oz offerings. Probably be used a bit for vertical and dragging presentations as well.

I was going to go with the Xtreme, then saw they redesigned the Elites for 2016 and it made my decision a bit harder. The Torzite guide train on the Elites has me leaning that direction. My understanding is the blanks are identical. SO it comes down to guides, handle/seat, and balance.

Total weight is equal on the two, however I imagine the balance would be a bit different with the Xtreme being a bit more tip heavy (heavier guides, lighter handle). The Elite with the more conventional cork handle and the supposedly latest and greatest guides in the Torzite would seem to balance further back on the blank when compared to the Extreme.

Currently I have a Pflueger Supreme Xt in size 25 (around 6oz) that I could put on there. Also have been eyeing the Stradic Ci4 as a possibility.

Thanks

I own a four with a fifth on its way(Legend Xtreme). You will not be disappointed with either. Put a Patriarch/Patriarch XT or a Ci4 on either and you will have a phenomenal combo.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74