Air temp sensor

YATYAS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any one change an air temp sensor on a Mercury verado? I fired my verado up for the first time this spring and the smart craft gauge started beeping and displayed the system fault. A Google search shows they are fairly cheep - around $20. Assuming I can get my hands on one, how hard is it to swap out?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
just look up mercury parts online and look in the parts views and see where it's located. Should be very easy to change I'd guess.

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it's like a tractor it should be in the intake manifold

YATYAS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will call dealer tomorrow and see what the options are. I can't find much on the net. I am getting tired of scrolling on my damn smart phone.

YATYAS

Founding Member
Founding Member
So after not sleeping much last night I decided to pop the cowl cover off this morning and look around before I called a dealer. After looking some stuff up on the net last night I sort of had an idea what I was looking for and found that the sensor was actually disconnected. Not sure how that happened but it was serviced at a dealer prior to storage so maybe they needed to disconnect it and for got about it. So I plugged it in and all works well. Looks like I get to fish this weekend.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So after not sleeping much last night I decided to pop the cowl cover off this morning and look around before I called a dealer. After looking some stuff up on the net last night I sort of had an idea what I was looking for and found that the sensor was actually disconnected. Not sure how that happened but it was serviced at a dealer prior to storage so maybe they needed to disconnect it and for got about it. So I plugged it in and all works well. Looks like I get to fish this weekend.
they unplug that when they fog it more than likely. that's why you don't take shit to a dealer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80