Nhl/nba playoffs

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even with the lousy weather, and lack of anything entertaining, I'm still flipping between the twins and nascar. Playoffs are one of the few things the NFL, mlb, and the NCAA got right. Why 16 teams? why does every series have to be 7 games, which can take more than two weeks? Why did they not start this thing a month or two ago so it would conclude before Memorial Day, the official day tv ratings nose dive because the weather turns perfect and the summer vacation season starts? Why on the same day that game 7 of the finals start, I'll be stopping at the fireworks stand on my way to the lake!? Seriously, 8 teams is perfect, especially in a year only two teams deserve to be in the finals. If you really think more wild card teams are needed, do a 3 game play in series. Mlb has the perfect series playoff system. Divisional round is 5, the al/nl championship and World Series is 7, it takes a maximum of 27 days to complete. NFL can get it done in 4 weeks, including an unnecessary off week. The NCAA can find it's champion, out of 68 teams, in three weeks. Yet the nba, and nhl, takes 3 months to finally determine that, yeah, golden state was definitely the best team. I could have told them that back in October, and no one would of needed to waste their time. Anyways, finally caught a couple walleyes during the 40 minute window between the rain and wind yesterday. Cannot wait for 3 weeks when we might get another 40 minutes.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I've always thought that the reason the NFL is so fun to watch is because of the short season. If the NBA would switch to a season where they simply play every team once, or maybe every team once and each team in the division twice, it would make each game more intense to watch, and necessary to win.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched the Flyers (Hackstol) end their season early this afternoon. Watched the Wild until they got behind 3-0. And now the Twins are trying to piss away a lead to the Nationals. Then I found this river on fire on the internet. Will post that. looking at a vacation from Duluth to Grand Portage (maybe). Shitty weather but we can use the rain....

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I regret every damn decision I made today. 5 and half hours just to watch them blow it three times.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
2 runs down and then Twins score 3 runs. Can they hold on tonight?

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ninth inning 3-3. Twins could not hold lead again. Lead baseball in strikeouts by hitters.

- - - Updated - - -

Arcia homerun for walk off win.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
The hawks/blues game was one of the best game 7's I've seen in YEARS. Both teams balls out. This is why I love watching hockey, you just never know the outcome, ever. I was pulling for the Hawks for a repeat this year also, but it just wasn't in the cards. I'm actually pulling for the Preds to come out and make some noise also.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes set a record in three game series 47 strikeouts. Sent Buxton to minors, 26 strikeouts in 44 at bats. Should help strikeout totals but he needs to learn to put bat on the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Another blown save by Jepson. Homerun ball is killing him and Twins chances of winning.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should trade Jepsen for a scuffed up baseball and a bag of leaf tobacco but that might be to steep a price

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66