A couple of sauce recipes for BBQ and grill

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here are a couple of sauces I have been making one is a BBQ sauce and one is a hot sauce I have been making. These are the base ingredients but I am always adding to taste for them normally. Enjoy

Vodka BBQ Sauce
Ingredients:
1 cup Vodka
1 qt. (32oz.) Kechup (Heinz)
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tbs. Ground Cumin (normal, smoked or hot, or a combination)
1/2 tbs Garlic Powder (Sometimes use 1tbs)
1/2 tbs Onion Powder (Sometimes use 1tbs)
1 tbs. Chili Powder
1 tbs. Cayenne Pepper (have cut this using ancho chile powder or smoked paprika)
1/4 cup Sugar
1/8 cup Coarse Salt, Kosher (seems like a lot but somehow works)
Juice of a fresh Lemon (little bit of lemon zest adds a little more flavor)
-Put in a large pot and simmer on low for 15min-30min but I have gone longer. I typically get everything but the vodka warmed up and mixed together then add the vodka and continue to cook out. When you add the vodka it really changes the flavor.

Hot Pepper Sauce
This is a sauce I've made a few times and has gone over well every time. BEWARE that it can be very hot sometimes but really does have good flavor. Really goes well with a good beer or a good bourbon drink.
Habanero Peppers – 40 (Scotch Bonnets from my garden weren't as hot as Habanero)
Serrano Chili Peppers – 4
Jalapenos – 2-3
Garlic Cloves – 10 whole
Onion - about half medium sized
Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup
Olive Oil – 3.4 Tablespoons
Lemon Juice – ½ cup (Fresh)
Molasses – 2 Tablespoons
Smoked Paprika – 1 Tablespoon
Kosher Salt – 1 teaspoon (1.5 teaspoon)
Hot Pepper Sauce – 2 Tablespoons

- Cut off stems and remove most of the seeds and membranes of the peppers and chop up into similar size pieces, dice up half the onion and course cut the garlic. Put into a fry pan if you are cooking them inside, I like cast iron on a charcoal grill, add oil to pan and cook for about 25min, if using a grill cover to gain a little bit of smoke from wood chips.
remove from pan and add to a blender and add remaining ingredients and blend till fairly smooth or you preferred consistency. Add to pork, chicken, hamburgers, hotdogs, sausages or pretty much anything you wanna kick up a few notches and enjoy.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76