size matters...

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
what's the smallest screen you would or do run 4 panels on, like structure scan + sonar + down scan + map??? i'd be up to 6' away from the graph...

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm about that far in my boat and I can't see a fish on my si or 360 from that distance... I can on my di or chirp... I sit close when I have 3 or 4 up.... I have a 10"

- - - Updated - - -

Humminbird has a helix 12... Not sure if 2" will help... I'll ask my wife ��

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
You would have to go 12", and even that's probably even too small. Seems like the newest thing is to run 2 units, one for mapping and the other just for sonar. Can't believe the money that would cost, though.

I have an HDS 9" touch (widescreen), and 3 panels is max for gathering any useful information.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
You would have to go 12", and even that's probably even too small. Seems like the newest thing is to run 2 units, one for mapping and the other just for sonar. Can't believe the money that would cost, though.

I have an HDS 9" touch (widescreen), and 3 panels is max for gathering any useful information.

It truly is the way to go. I'd rather run two 8" screens than one 12.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes i have a humminbird... my normal setup since i got it installed (so far this spring fishing) has been when im scouting ill use the 360, side imaging and gps... on my lowrance elite 5 i keep my 2D 83 hz running... once i find some fish i will keep the 360 running and shrink it in a little bit, and i run down imaging (black and orange one) and the gps map or sometimes ill throw chirp up (high hz so it doesnt interfear with my lowrance)... but keeping my lowrance running 2D i dont really need the chrip running

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 143
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 77