Forget the cats here come the wolverines!(not college sports)

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
South of Alexander.
image.jpg

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn't sound like it. He talked to the warden already. It was harassing the cows that usually gives it a green light to shoot.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good thing it isn't april fools day or I wouldn't believe it. Thanks for sharing. Thumbs Up

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
How'd you like to be the guy who set that horse-trailer load of mean-ass critters loose?

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have heard of a few sighting in and around the turtle mountains but then again somebody probably has seen sasquatch up there too.

Had a good friend who is a big hunter swear he saw one between rolette and wolford a few years back. He is the only one I can actualay believe.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have heard of a few sighting in and around the turtle mountains but then again somebody probably has seen sasquatch up there too.

Had a good friend who is a big hunter swear he saw one between rolette and wolford a few years back. He is the only one I can actualay believe.

Interesting , I've seen and heard of a lot of crazy critters up here but never wolverines, I wouldn't be too surprised though.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Have seen two in the past 10 years. There is no mistaking them for anything else.

One coming home from a football game. The oldest kid was in 7th grade. was kinda small and got smacked around abit. Was watching a good buck out in the field and looked up the field a ways and the two boys and I yelled "wolverine" at the same time. It was about 40 yards off the road in wheat stubble. it's back was about 10 inches above the stubble and you could easily see the yellowish v on the neck.

It stopped and looked and then ran into a slough that had a pushed up tree pile in it. No gun, told the kid if he took the tire iron and went into the slough and brought out a wolverine, he have a hell of a reputation on the football field when word got around. No takers.

Waited around for a half an hour then ran home and got the gun and came back with a dog and checked out the slough and tree pile but nothin.

Know two guys I trust to know that have seen them as well.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Game and Fish busy again? Damn things make mountain lions look like house cats.

LiebelsGuide

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw one about 8-9 years ago now up between Tobacco Gardens and Sand Creek, I was spraying weeds for the forest service, I had just left the truck and had another guy following me, the other guy had turned off to go down a coulee and then I saw this black thing with a yellow patch out in the field, it had a strange gait, and I didn't know exactly what it was. I looked back to see if the other guy had was able to come look but he wasn't. I did some research and figured it had to be a wolverine. I looked all over for him the rest of the day and never saw it again. The game warden I talked to about it had never heard of a wolverine sighting in ND. Everyone I told about it thought I was crazy! I know it was a wolverine especially after watching other videos of wolverines and their distinct gait. I really wish I had a good camera phone back in the day so I could have documented it.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw one by Katie Olson WMA on Ashtabula about 20 years ago. This one was full grown and "Loping" or whatever they do across a stubble field in broad daylight. No mistaking that critter. Never saw it again or heard of it being seen. Mean, Nasty, Stinky, Evil Tempered Critter if ever there was one. Them and Honey Badgers are about neck and neck when it comes to temperament and attitude.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76