Lake Erie FLW~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last weekend,buddy just filled me in as he finished 9th,155boats,two day weigh-in basket was 91.16lbs for 10 walleyes for 1st place,his 9th place basket weight was 8.8lbs,so it was a close field.

Acouple weeks ago we had a discussion here about the erie walleye fishery,I'd say she is still outstanding

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
I see we had one nodaker cash a check in this event. Curious to see what these guys expenses are to fish these tourneys. I follow these somewhat and notice some of these anglers have a difficult time cashing. Traveling a couple States away, food, fuel,lodging. I know sponsors play a part in this but how much?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see we had one nodaker cash a check in this event. Curious to see what these guys expenses are to fish these tourneys. I follow these somewhat and notice some of these anglers have a difficult time cashing. Traveling a couple States away, food, fuel,lodging. I know sponsors play a part in this but how much?

Q: How does a professional fisherman become a millionaire?

A: They start with 2 million and quit when they spend half of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Acouple weeks ago we had a discussion here about the erie walleye fishery,I'd say she is still outstanding[/QUOTE]

When a 7lb average barely cashes a check, you know it's not too shabby.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
How would you like to have 10 fish for a total of 72 lbs anywhere else but Erie. On Erie its good for 25th place

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
kurt,my bad,I assumed...didn't listen to the convo as I wrote down the weights.Pulling sticks and cranks on planner boards.Walleye fishing I actually prefer the rig type fishing or as we call it "finger fishing" drifting over a flat or gravel bar with a crawler or leech,but this is what they do on the big lakes and for big money.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
kurt,my bad,I assumed...didn't listen to the convo as I wrote down the weights.Pulling sticks and cranks on planner boards.Walleye fishing I actually prefer the rig type fishing or as we call it "finger fishing" drifting over a flat or gravel bar with a crawler or leech,but this is what they do on the big lakes and for big money.

Reef runners and boards in 6 plus foot waves makes for a fun day of fishing on erie. Closest i have ever got to being on deadliest catch

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reef runners and boards in 6 plus foot waves makes for a fun day of fishing on erie. Closest i have ever got to being on deadliest catch

Good times huh? I broke a blade off a prop as we headed in after our final fish one day. 3s n 4s and my uncle leaned out and swapped props while dad held his ankles and I kept the boat pointed right with the electric. 25 fow and 10 miles to our ramp. Did some major high fives and thank you Lords after we got underway again.

It is an awesome fishery, fishing is outstanding now and there will be fish within a reasonable 10-15 mile run all across the western basin and islands well into June, it is worth the drive. Congrats to the guys who won the event.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will someday see a walleye sink a planer board. Erie is on my list.

Apres

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just read one of Mark Martins books... Maybe I should have read Gary Parsons instead

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me get a couple years into practice so I can go with.

Time is all you need, plus we could run your fancy whatchamacalits with out worrying about snagging a tree and loosing a bait you spent 3 days working on.....

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep if weather is nice it is rather simple fishing. Look at satellite in the morning for mud lines and head out

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm referring to the cost. I have to imagine it isn't a cheap trip.

Gas and hotel and food so really not that bad if you have a few people to split it. I think fishing license was 30 bucks. I think i had 500 total into a five day trip this was 6 years ago. There were 4 of us that split costs

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gas and hotel and food so really not that bad if you have a few people to split it. I think fishing license was 30 bucks. I think i had 500 total into a five day trip this was 6 years ago. There were 4 of us that split costs

That's really not all that bad. Now, the amount of tackle I would amass prior to launch would be a significant kick to the scrot.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
would downriggers be an easier option rather than planer boards? Or do you really need to get the lines away from the boat due to super clear water?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
would downriggers be an easier option rather than planer boards? Or do you really need to get the lines away from the boat due to super clear water?

You are only fishing 10 to 15 feet down so down riggers would be a pain and the boards get stuff away from the boat in the clear water.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didnt realize they target suspended fish. I'm out of my element here.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74