The Last Alaskans

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone else a fan? Painstakingly slow. But, it's a great show filmed in one of the last true wilderness areas in North America.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't seen it but it has to be better than the retards running around on Alaskan bush people.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, love it. Almost heartbreaking. I have to keep reminding myself that there is likely civilization right around the corner. It's been a while since I've seen any of the episodes, but that couple who lost the baby out of their canoe - that was sad, to say the least.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
very good show, all these reality shows must really piss of the actors in holly wood.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
very good show, all these reality shows must really piss of the actors in holly wood.

^^^^^^^^^^^ This. I was thinking the very same thing. I enjoy all the Alaska wilderness shows.

Fish On!

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
ya just got into it this year very good show, im big into the alaska wilderness shows, anyone ever watch the game show deal called alone? i know that concept is completely different but it sure is interesting seeing these people who think this is no problem call it quits on the first day haha

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
ya just got into it this year very good show, im big into the alaska wilderness shows, anyone ever watch the game show deal called alone? i know that concept is completely different but it sure is interesting seeing these people who think this is no problem call it quits on the first day haha

just started watching the show. AWESOME..yeah..i am sure the producers of the show are shaking their heads how they so called vetted applicants to come up with the 10 they did..and the one guy taps out on the first day. hahaha But it will be interesting how the show pans out with the remaining folks.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't seen it but it has to be better than the retards running around on Alaskan bush people.

ha ha ha... the "extreme" runner kid, whatever his name was - that was so tarded it was hilarious
140191824475014509001001197_101_Bear_Brown.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's all fun and games till you frost bite your peter and go hungry for a couple days. Then the fun meter registers....not so fun anymore. ND can kill a guy without too much trouble, I can only imagine the ways the Alaskan Wilds can take a person out. Not me, unless I have NO CHOICE!!

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like The Last Alaskans and Alone. These are the only two shows that seem to not be overly staged. They feel very authentic. All the other reality shows are staged and fake big time. Im sure there is a bit in these too but read somewhere that they are quite real. I got a kick out of that black fella on Alone...saying before he left that if he gets in a fight with a bear they better call for help....for the bear! Then-the first day he sees bear sh!t all over and heard a noise and freaks out. He taps first day..lol. What a Nancy!

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, love it. Almost heartbreaking. I have to keep reminding myself that there is likely civilization right around the corner. It's been a while since I've seen any of the episodes, but that couple who lost the baby out of their canoe - that was sad, to say the least.

Watched an episode last night, seemed like it might have been the latest one. They were talking about that accident again.

They asked the wife/mother what she thought was the most important thing for survival up there. Her response was meat. A short time later she expanded on that and said the day of the canoe accident they were on the river because they ran out of food at the cabin they were at. So they had to take the flooding river to a second cabin they had, which had the meat/food. If they were better prepared or had more meat they wouldn't have had to go out on the river. Sad story, and obviously still haunts her.

Best thing about the show is they just film. There seems like their is no added drama, skits, or plots that seem like all the other reality shows have.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like the Alaska shows but those comments on the retarded "Bear" character cracked me up, torn between Street Outlaws but for the love of commercials I can't take it and have to DVR those shows. I'm still a motorhead but those guys are a few levels over my head!

Attachments

image.jpg

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member

I rarely watch anything on CBS, FOX, NBC, or ABC anymore.... what they offer I ain't takin'!

ya just got into it this year very good show, im big into the alaska wilderness shows, anyone ever watch the game show deal called alone? i know that concept is completely different but it sure is interesting seeing these people who think this is no problem call it quits on the first day haha.

I watched that, too. Funny how he's all macho and former-Army grunt who's gonna bust a bear-nut, until he sees scat and a hears a couple snorts in the woods. He couldn't pack fast enough and was waiting at the shoreline for the boat to show up. PANSY!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
As soon as I hear, "this isn't good, I don't know how we're going to make it this year." or something similar, I usually tune out. Must be tough to go broke when you're riding a new snow machine in your sitka gear with a suped up AR slung over your shoulder.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just started watching "Alone". I like it because there is no commentator. The over hyped background commentators on most shows ruin them. I haven't seen "The Last Alaskans" but watched the documentary on the couple, they are the real deal.

MT11

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also enjoy this show as well. The book written about Hiemo Korth was a good read also. Real deal people, and not even remotely close to the other clowns on Bushpeople. Glad discovery picked this show up instead of it being on animal planet again. On the show Alone I am going for Mary Kate, that lady comes from a great family, will be fun at elk camp this year BSing her Dad.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes. they are both way better than bush people. i love Alone too. regarding civilization right around the corner... that isn't the case in either of them. in last alaskans, they are literally probably hundreds of miles from any meaningful civilization. now, on Alaska the Last Frontier (which I also like), they are only a few miles from town. and those folks are millionaires too i think. grandpa was a founding father of the state of alaska and a state congressman for a long time. and they own the only grocery store in town. so, they are doing just fine. they just choose to live that lifestyle.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also the singer Jewel is the daughter of Ott on Alaska the Last Frontier. Shes gotta be worth a few mil.

Im addicted to the show Alone. Thats the real deal. The black feller tapping out before it even got dark and before the three women cracked me up after how tough he was talking. Wonder how he explained that one to his family.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70