Dave Hakstol Leaves UND

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
WOW! Not surprising given the Hextall/Hakstol connection. I say bring Blais back!

I was unaware that Hextall was the GM in Philly but I agree, I would say that had a lot to do with his name getting thrown in the pool in the first place

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brad Schlossman tweeted that he is being told UND will name Brad Berry head coach at a 1pm conference today.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I honestly think it would benefit the program to bring in someone from outside, with no or very few UND ties, yet someone with hockey clout as to keep the recruitment up…any knowledgeable hockey person will understand the history and tradition of UND/Fighting Sioux hockey after one walk around the Ralph. The recruitment shouldn’t fall off too much if any, and our facilities are still a cut above the rest. Get an X’s and O’s guy in here and put these top tier athletes to the test.

freiday31

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, the Hakstol haters will be happy. Not a good enough coach for UND, but good enough for the NHL? Very happy for Dave and his family. He is a great coach. I hope that Brad get's the job. He is a great guy, great recruiter and great hockey mind!

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, the Hakstol haters will be happy. Not a good enough coach for UND, but good enough for the NHL? Very happy for Dave and his family. He is a great coach. I hope that Brad get's the job. He is a great guy, great recruiter and great hockey mind!

Agreed, I was always and still am a Hakstol supporter. I will be happy with Brad Berry as well. I think the current players will be comfortable with Brad as well.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brad Berry it is. He said in the press conference that Hak turned down the first two offers from Philly.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
well i happy for Hak, we lost a hell of a coach... i've got nothing but respect for a guy who can bring a team that far in post season play over and over with a constantly changing roster, well done coach! and good luck in the future!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74