Drone fishing!

1pingonly

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how long before hunters are using them to fly over wood lots, sloughs etc to find deer. could get interesting.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am like William Defoe right now, and need a snickers like nobodies business...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
mrs johnr is tired of my fatness, and has me doing this fancy new diet. I am following it rather strictly, and am ready to punch that baby in the face again with this stomach growling all afternoon.

I think if I could drone hunt, it would be to the c-store across the street, in search of the nice calming effects of a candy bar that really satisfies.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
So.... you're wearing a dress and heels? If you have a snickers, you'll turn into a woman and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Just make sure to use the correct restroom. Don't want to get a beat down by somebodies husband/father.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
you should feel good about that, as I intend to use the ladies room later.

- - - Updated - - -

haha, I hit enter and see bogey beat me to it.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Somebody caught some nice perch now the sconi will be migrating there this winter.
Dickinson Reservoir (Patterson Lake)

Yellow Perch: Rick Olheiser, Dickinson, 13-0. Chad Renner, Dickinson, 14-0

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Careful some other big GUY could give you a snickers at closing time.:;:cheers

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how long before hunters are using them to fly over wood lots, sloughs etc to find deer. could get interesting.

From the ND Deer hunting regs:

• It is illegal to use all types of aircraft, manned or unmanned, for spotting game 72 hours prior to and during the hunting season. A licensee cannot hunt the same day they are airborne over their hunting unit, except on a scheduled passenger airline flight. It is illegal to drive, concentrate, rally, raise, stir up or disturb game with all types of aircraft, manned or unmanned.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
From the ND Deer hunting regs:

• It is illegal to use all types of aircraft, manned or unmanned, for spotting game 72 hours prior to and during the hunting season. A licensee cannot hunt the same day they are airborne over their hunting unit, except on a scheduled passenger airline flight. It is illegal to drive, concentrate, rally, raise, stir up or disturb game with all types of aircraft, manned or unmanned.

But it doesnt say anything about FISHING!!!! Pike fishing via drone would be fun.... Not much else aggressive enough to make it work Im guessing tho

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
there will be some serious restrictions on their use in the very near future. idiots are now flying them into airliners. So the FAA will have to nip this in the bud. I would guess background checks, licenses to operate them, probably tests, etc. Not much different than acquiring a pilots license.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
there will be some serious restrictions on their use in the very near future. idiots are now flying them into airliners. So the FAA will have to nip this in the bud. I would guess background checks, licenses to operate them, probably tests, etc. Not much different than acquiring a pilots license.

Restricted fly zones will solve that issue

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would be willing try one out but only to investigate areas that would hold fish. That way I could cover a much larger area, then attach a digital laser topographic imagery device to take a 3d image, now that would be a cool.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I personally think it would be cheating. For crying out loud, are we too lazy to cast. I know that you can fly a drone further than you can cast, but sheesh.

That, and a good starter one with a gimbal mount camera is going to run well north of $1K.

So, the release doesn't work once in a blue moon and the pike/tuna yanks your toy into the water. Aww, sad face.

Suddenly my $6,7,8,10,12 crankbaits don't seem like such a terrible deal.

Also, you kids stay off my lawn!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 136
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85