$4K for fishing over limit

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
hi-walleye-852.jpg

A Wisconsin man was fined $4,000 and is banned from fishing in Ontario for the next five years, after being found with 25 walleye over his possession limit, last July.

Conservation officers with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry were doing fisheries checks along Highway 502 in the Fort Frances district.
​During an inspection of fish and fishing equipment, the officers found Michael Ritchie, of New London, Wisconsin and another individual were in possession of 29 walleye caught on Lac Seul, Ont., the ministry announced in a written release.
An investigation found that the Wisconsin man had caught 27 of the walleye, although the legal limit for a conservation licence is two.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let the sconie bashing begin LOL

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK 1pingonly I am waiting for the article on the over the limit by Missouri fisherman on Devils Lake. I have been looking on line and can't seem to find anything on it.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
ive worked with and around a good number of sconis the last few years and my experience has been one of displeasure. many have a weird aoura surrounding them that emmits a certain funk of "they dont understand things here". that would be how i would say my feelings delicately. what i really want to say is f&$@ sconis

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
ive worked with and around a good number of sconis the last few years and my experience has been one of displeasure. many have a weird aoura surrounding them that emmits a certain funk of "they dont understand things here". that would be how i would say my feelings delicately. what i really want to say is f&$@ sconis

I had a different experience two winters ago with the sconis, I was driving across East Bay real early in the morning when I drove over a pressure Ridge that was blown over so was unable to see the ridge. I broke my shovel trying to chop at the ice from under the skid plate. I dug for two hours so until a truck drove across the lake to see if I needed any help, so to get me out they had to drive around the pressure ridge to pull me out backwards. They did just that which I was ever so greatful and I help them out by putting them on some fish to show my gratitude.
So not ALL sconis are bad

1pingonly

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ill try find out more on the 3 from Missouri who had 60 walleyes south of Cando. I havent seen anything in the papers yet but got the info from a pretty reliable source in law enforcement.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the nd poaching penalties should be stiffer and maybe progressive including jail time

Wallye slayer

1pingonly. To clarify when I turned the sobs from Missouri in there was only 2 guys. They where 20 walleyes over daily limit and 30 over possession limit. I know everything was confiscated from them except the truck they were driving. The judge will decide if they lose truck when they come back for court.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good on you Walleye Slayer for turning them in. It has been proven that small fines don't stop them, I think we should form an alliance with other states and take hunting and fishing privileges away from from a few states at a time when they get caught poaching and fine them 10 times what they are being fined now.
Any out of stater that is not a poacher should agree with this and tip off LEOs about anyone you know that is doing this because you are all getting a bad name over here.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think Judge's should include, besides a stiff fine, community service. How about making them clean OTHER person's fish all summer long at the fish cleaning stations. touché you dumb arses...take that...you broke the rules and kept too many fish and now you must clean other peoples fish all summer.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
1pingonly. To clarify when I turned the sobs from Missouri in there was only 2 guys. They where 20 walleyes over daily limit and 30 over possession limit. I know everything was confiscated from them except the truck they were driving. The judge will decide if they lose truck when they come back for court.

when did this happen?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good on you Walleye Slayer for turning them in. It has been proven that small fines don't stop them, I think we should form an alliance with other states and take hunting and fishing privileges away from from a few states at a time when they get caught poaching and fine them 10 times what they are being fined now.
Any out of stater that is not a poacher should agree with this and tip off LEOs about anyone you know that is doing this because you are all getting a bad name over here.

There is a compact where if you loose your license in one state you can not get it in another.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Wildlife_Violator_Compact#Member_States

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80