The SPAWN!

allsitka

Founding Member
Founding Member
The water was getting close to warm enough here in southwest ND but the recent cold mornings didn't help the cause. Wondering if anyone is killin any fish yet. Just finding them has been tough down here. I don't expect anyone to give up their killing grounds but just like to know if people are gettin em. I managed to get a few commons the other day. The best one was only ten pounds. Like I said it was tough going. IMG_0742.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I haven't been on Sak for awhile. Hoping after a week of warmup, and another week after the smelt die off it might kick into gear.

Journey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I walk a flooded road in the spring. The first 2 weeks of may last year was crazy with pike and every once in awhile a 20" + walleye.
Most of the time casting in 1-3' of water Last Sunday lots of pike, no walleyes this Sunday pike were even slow. Thinking water must be to cool yet.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw a fair few in one of the back waters off the river this afternoon. Not sure how good it was do to driving at the time but was at least a half dozen in the one spot. We are definitely in the window of the spawn since it's normally right around the last week of school.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spawn was kicking off this morning in the 12th Street backwater especially at the far west end near Sibley. Wouldn't call it full tilt by any means but was several different groups spread out over a couple hundred yards with their backs half out of the water and splashing.

Last edited:

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
The water was getting close to warm enough here in southwest ND but the recent cold mornings didn't help the cause. Wondering if anyone is killin any fish yet. Just finding them has been tough down here. I don't expect anyone to give up their killing grounds but just like to know if people are gettin em. I managed to get a few commons the other day. The best one was only ten pounds. Like I said it was tough going.

I disagree. Give up your killing grounds. The more dead the better.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77