This a good deal on a Hummingbird?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
if it fits your needs I guess it's a good deal. however there is a reason it's selling for this price.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks duckslayer for the heads up , Keep in mind there is no chip so you will have to purchase that separately, anywhere from 50=100 bucks more and you should be good to go. EYE refurbished or something ? or just not good enough for you ? junk in your opinion ?

I'm about to pull the trigger ,I think that is a good price ,

- - - Updated - - -

OR does it have a chip and /Navionics Gold compatible means it has capabilities for an upgrade to a better chip ??

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks alright to me. If it is close to what you are looking for than pull the trigger. I guarantee one thing, its a thousand times better than the 1990's Eagle you have!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm assuming this is just an older discontinued model? You can get the new Helix 5 DI for $350, so not sure this is really that great of a deal.

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just popped up in my email. Qualifies for free shipping, too. I have a birthday coming up, so thought this might be a good upgrade for one of the 1990s Eagle depth finders I have in the boat: http://www.cabelas.com/product/fish...s/_/N-1118469/Ns-MIN_SALE_PRICE?WTz_stype=GNU

It's a good deal. All of these electronics are obsolete in a year or two. Then they roll out the next latest and greatest thing we all have to have.

I have a lowrance X-65 in the back of my boat, Must be at least 25 years old. Still works fine.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honestly, my bar is pretty low. I don't even really need/want GPS with the Navionics App on my phone and a freshly installed USB charger to keep the iPhone juiced. Really, for $200 I could get away with one of these babies and be tickled pink: http://www.cabelas.com/product/boat...s/_/N-1100517/Ns-MIN_SALE_PRICE?WTz_stype=GNU

The only reason I asked about the first one was my thinking that I could get a $500 depth finder for only $70 more than the basement model Helix 5.

And yes, money and space is limited. I'd love to get a large model, but it just won't fit on my tiny single console Alumacraft Classic Deluxe.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honestly, my bar is pretty low. I don't even really need/want GPS with the Navionics App on my phone and a freshly installed USB charger to keep the iPhone juiced. Really, for $200 I could get away with one of these babies and be tickled pink: http://www.cabelas.com/product/boat...s/_/N-1100517/Ns-MIN_SALE_PRICE?WTz_stype=GNU

The only reason I asked about the first one was my thinking that I could get a $500 depth finder for only $70 more than the basement model Helix 5.

And yes, money and space is limited. I'd love to get a large model, but it just won't fit on my tiny single console Alumacraft Classic Deluxe.

looking at navionics on your phone sucks balls compared to looking at your console. IMO gps is a huge selling point for you. The down imaging is a bit overrated but useful as sometimes 2d can mark a tree or rocks that may look like fish until you switch it over to DI.

Id buy it. Its light years better than what you have, and it wont break the bank. Thumbs Up

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
iffn we get the zebra muscles you wont need one, as you can just see the bottom as you are passing over.
I would hold off for another season, plenty of sconi's yet to come

NJL

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just picked up a Helix 9 SI GPS yesterday, haven't even had time to install it yet. Can't wait to try it out this weekend. Also plan to upgrade to the 360 imaging eventually, really interested to how it would work on the ice.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just picked up a Helix 9 SI GPS yesterday, haven't even had time to install it yet. Can't wait to try it out this weekend. Also plan to upgrade to the 360 imaging eventually, really interested to how it would work on the ice.

it's niiiiiiiiice...:cool:

just bring darker shades if you are used to lowrance... this baby will cook your corneas...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77