Remington 700 vtr

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
My father inlaw has one and its a decent gun. I was dead set on buying one right untill the triger recall. Instead of waiting for them to come back i bought a salvage trophy hunter. Pretty sure the salvage is more accurate. For the amount of money i think id go AR 10 vs the VTR. Its a neat gun but if the triangle barrel was such a advantage youd see many more barrels like that.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a great it shot 168 amax great. It is now a custom 6.5 creedmoor which is better than. .308 in every way. Me I would look 260 rem in a sps and go from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Trigger recall was because people don't know how to practice trigger control.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got one in a .22-250. I enjoy shooting it but I rarely shoot off a bench so I can't say how accurate it is compared to others. I think I shot out to 400 when I first got it but I doubt I've shot over 300 since. My BIL bought the exact gun as well. I don't know if he has more than 2 boxes of shells through his.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got one in a .22-250. I enjoy shooting it but I rarely shoot off a bench so I can't say how accurate it is compared to others. I think I shot out to 400 when I first got it but I doubt I've shot over 300 since. My BIL bought the exact gun as well. I don't know if he has more than 2 boxes of shells through his.

Your BIL probably doesn't have more than 2 boxes through it because it's so ugly he can't stand to shoot it or more importantly, be seen out in public with it. Haha

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's an odd barrel. Even if you chopped it back behind the integral muzzle brake, I don't think you could cut threads for a suppressor on it = NO for this guy.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63