? for you hockey pucks

Who do you pick to win th Stanley Cup?

• Total voters

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm cheering for the sharks, and thought they would handle the pens, but I am not so sure anymore.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
You never know, in these playoffs it seems like when a team is on home ice they are tough to beat. My daughter is a diehard Pens fan, maybe I should of picked the Sharks just to spite her. :;:stirthepot:;:duel;:;rofl

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sharks they have the best third string goalie in the NHL. I don't know maybe a few have heard of him Aaron Dell.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a big Pens fan...long series yet but feeling as good as a guy can only 2 games in!

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
When my teams are out, I'll pull for the team that has older players that deserve to win the cup but haven't . This time it's joe Thornton, so I'm pulling for SJ. Cullen, the local boy has a cup already.

Pens look good. as slow as SJ looked last night, I think the injuries are mounting for them.

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pulling for the Pens ONLY because of Matt Cullen. I hate Cindy Crosby. But Cullen is a class act. He's the epitome of where hard work gets you. And he's a local kid. We heard so much about Carson Wentz, but here we have a local "kid" who is a pro athlete about to win his 2nd Stanley Cup and only one article here or there. That's a HUGE accomplishment. Bout time the press, Scheels, etc starts selling his jerseys and promoting this guy. I know hockey isn't as popular as football, but if you want your kids to look up to anyone, start teaching them about Matt Cullen.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also would like to see Thornton & Marleau get their names on the cup. I ready a funny blurb about Thornton. Apparently a while back when Tomas Hertl scored 4 goals in a game and had reporters swarming him. Joe was overheard to say- He scored 7 goals all year, if I scored 4 goals in one game, I'd have my c@@k out. I'd be stroking it! Coughed up some coffee when I read that one. I chuckled every time I see his beard. I suppose he will be on some reality show about mountain men after he retires.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Absorbed the Penguins back from Mario Lemieux days in the 80's. Been a Steelers fan since the early seventies and when I finally learned about hockey/rules, and the fact that all the Pittsburgh teams have identical colors, I grabbed onto their coattails.

I've watched all of their Stanley Cup wins and this year will be no different. These guys have really bonded together and the Superstars do just as much as the guy on the bench. You're not seeing Malkin & Crosby getting the goals because they're feeding all of the plays to everyone else and winning as a four-line TEAM.

How about that HBK line, too!!! Hagelin came from the Rangers and wasn't like by the fans because he wasn't producing. Kessel came from the Toronto Maple Leafs and wasn't liked by the fans because he wasn't producing. Well, I bet there are a ton of fans up in the NE with dropped jaws now! Kuhnackl is a rookie playing very well, as is Rust (3gm scoring streak). The Pens aren't putting the weight on three player's shoulders... The Sharks surely seem like they're placing ALL OF THEIR WEIGHT onto Jones' shoulders, huh??

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/2016-5-30-pascal-dupuis-penguins-blood-clots/

Read this link about one of the Pens' teammates, Pascal Dupuis. If ever there was anyone who better defined the phrase good team-mate, I am at a complete loss as to who it was. If this doesn't motivate the rest of this team to come out strong and win Lord Stanley's Cup, then I'm afraid they don't have a pulse. What a fantastic guy Pascal Dupuis is.

You have to read this story.... plain & simple; it's heartbreaking. Duper (as the team calls him), is 'that guy' you want playing on your team.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't watch a lot of nba basketball anymore. Will watch some playoffs and the finals if it doesn't conflict with a Pens game or some other activity that would be more fun. They've let the pro bball game get to far away from the real game. It's all about flash now. The players travel on most trips down the court and if they do dribble they commit what used to be known as carrying all the time. It seems like the officials really control the outcomes as well. I don't like to be one of those people that blames the refs for stuff but they can put who they want on the free throw line to change the games pretty easily.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70