What type of bullet was used on that gorilla?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
With all the environmental attitudes pushed in college these days, and a zoo director requiring a college degree I will make one prediction ----- it was a non lead bullet.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shoulda tranq'd him instead of killing IMO. Humans sure arent 'critically endangered'. Odds are kid woulda came out of it ok if they would have gone that route, if he didnt, its his own damn fault (or his mothers)....

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shoulda tranq'd him instead of killing IMO. Humans sure arent 'critically endangered'. Odds are kid woulda came out of it ok if they would have gone that route, if he didnt, its his own damn fault (or his mothers)....

Gorilla life > Child life. sure, makes sense.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gorilla life > Child life. sure, makes sense.

Depends on your perspective I guess... Like I said, really good chance the gorilla wouldnt have hurt the kid anyway so its not really a this or that, more like a this or a slim chance of that. If they would have been smart enough to clear away the crowd, that was obviously bothering him and stuck him with a tranq, prolly would have turned out fine. If he wanted to hurt the kid, he probably would have, looked to me in the video like it was actually trying to protect the child, at least for part of the time.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Id like to hear you say the same thing if it was a kid of yours. Maybe nothing would have happened, my guess is once it was hit by a dart it would have gotten agitated

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depends on your perspective I guess... Like I said, really good chance the gorilla wouldnt have hurt the kid anyway so its not really a this or that, more like a this or a slim chance of that. If they would have been smart enough to clear away the crowd, that was obviously bothering him and stuck him with a tranq, prolly would have turned out fine. If he wanted to hurt the kid, he probably would have, looked to me in the video like it was actually trying to protect the child, at least for part of the time.

while I don’t disagree with your logic, and #gorillalivesmatter … but most of the time a tranq will agitate the animal for a short period of time and cause it to react in an unnormal fashion…I think they should have sent the kids Mom into the enclosure in an attempt to negotiate …

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

My perspective is animals are animals and humans are humans. They made the right decision i could give two f's endangered or not. Glad to see we still have Americans with ball sacks that can make the tough decision.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
had that nosler partitioned and a piece of lead or copper would of hit the kid along with the target - then It would of been a S show. I just hope the zoo doesn't get sued.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want that job, I have always wanted to shoot a monkey. I wonder if the guy gets to keep the hide, or maybe even a full mount?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's what the news said, then he drug the kid across the pond by his foot. Later he was fiddling with the kids pants. I thought he was about to butt jump the kid.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
should have just left well enough alone. It believe it's called natural selection.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
He did drag the kid by his foot, but even that was probably him being protective, he was trying to escape and take the kid along, he wasnt threatened by the kid, he was threatened by the situation. If he felt at all threatened by the kid, he could have killed him 100 times in that 20 minutes the kid was down there, much of the time he was being very gentle towards the child. The whole "what if it was your kid" argument is stupid and shouldnt even be considered.

BTW I agree, that ape would make a kick ass full body mount for my office!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77