Swivl-Eze Snap Lock Pedestals

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am having trouble removing pedestals. Does anyone have a good solution to keep them tight yet easy to remove? I think I will try sanding the bases. Any advice is appreciated.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had them stick before and have had to remove the while base from the floor and hit them with a hammer to get them out. Put some anti-seize in the base and it seemed to help

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have found that even cleaning the dust, and dirt off of the pedestal, and out of the base with a wet rag seems to help.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would not recommend using silicone spray or similar lubricant. I found out hard way, pedestal would pop out unexpectedly sometimes when in use, especially the 'leaning seat' pedestal...

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually tried silicone spray and they are still tight. Have been googling it. Some are using steel wool on pedestal posts. Best results seem to be sanding plastic inserts in the bases. Anybody sand these? Looking at getting paddle sanding attachment for a drill and try that.
I have used a hammer too. Unbelievable how tight they get even within 24 hours.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spray a little pb buster around where the plastic and metal meet in the cup on the base and let it soak for a few minutes. Hold the tab in with your foot and rock the seat side to side. They say not to lube them up. They must not use their product in their own boats.

Muzzytipped

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used white lithium spay and going on two years and move mine up front many times a day to use the trolling motor. I think the more you remove the seat the easy they become.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used kroil oil and a lot of cuss words to get mine out. Two of them I don't believe have ever been out. Then I took steel wool and cleaned up the insides of the bases and the pedistales. Know I got myself in the habit of pulling them out once a week just to keep them loose. My 2 cents on lubing them is don't do it. A friend of mine almost flew out of the boat when his pedistal pop out in rough water. He lubed it that morning.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep 'em clean too. I used to stuff an old rag (sock) in each of the pedestal holes when a seat was not in the base. that alone helps keep the dust out. Then if I moved a seat, I'd wipe down the base with the rag, wipe down the plastic fitting that goes into the base with the rag and pray a lot. Seemed to work a lot better than just ignoring the problem all together.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used my Dewalt saw and cut the pedestal. Contacted Warrior Boats and they recommended replacing with Springfield bases and pedestals.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76