OJ Made in America

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I finally finished watching this series what a crazy man. If you haven't watched this series I think it is worth a look.

CWS

Founding Member
Founding Member
On episode 4 now, been DVRing them, I love sports stories. I was a kid when that trial happened but remember a lot of talk about it. I didn't know that he was so mentally unstable as it seems, the beatings of Nicole, all the 911 calls where nothing happened. I like how they go back to how race was an issue in LA. At the trial how much of an issue they made of the cop who "invoked the 5th" and less about OJ or Nicole, shows you how f'd up the court system and lawyers can be. It proves what money can do for you. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!!! cuz if it doesn't fit, you must acquit...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
LA went PC by putting Darden on the case. Even one of the jurors was shaking her head about him. He blew the case when he had OJ try on the glove. Also IMO having Marsha Clark was a PC move by LA district attorney's office. I think they thought they had a slam dunk case. The defense pulled it off by using the perception that LA police were corrupt. That jury would never have convicted him. I like OJ's quote after jury selection...'If this jury convicts me, maybe I did do it'

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that OJ had roid rage if you watch the episode where he was talking by the pool he had definitely put on some serious muscle which was after he had already retired from football or did play for the 49ers? Domestic abuse was considered a private matter during this time in American history now if the police are called in for domestic assault someone is going to jail.

OJ definitely got a sympathetic jurory, it was shocking that OJ was never going to be convicted regardless of the evidence. The ladies who were interviewed for this film said this was for the Rodney King officers who were acquitted for beating him up. OJ's agent said that OJ stopped taking his arthritis medication which made his hands swell up, just like what Marcia Clark said even if the prosecutors were not going to have OJ put on the gloves the defense was already going to request for him to try on. Those crime scene pictures of Nicole and Goldman were quite graphic and showed to the world that a monster got away with murder.
OJ'S sentencing for his robbery gone terribly wrong was karma that judge gave him the maximum time allowed which was 33 years the same amount of money the Goldman family was to receive for the wrongful death suit.

Last edited:

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't caught the last 2 episodes yet but the first three have been pretty interesting. Just incredible how a guy can get off with all the circumstances surrounding that case. How many times can a guy beat his wife and threaten her and then to have the chase and everything? Definitely wasn't prosecuted well but it's sad/pathetic how much race became a part of that trial. Some things that really jumped out to me from the first couple episodes... The ESPN interview where Roy Firestone was almost jokingly asking OJ about beating Nicole (well before the murders). The people lining the Bronco chase route and cheering OJ on (I didn't remember that part - I was in junior high when that happened). The jury selection where they talked about how they didn't get a very favorable jury for the prosecution because most of the people that worked, etc couldn't be off of work for 6+ months. Where the judge had the lawyers and jurors go to OJ's house and the defense took all the pictures of OJ hanging out with white people down (who is primarily whom he associated with) and dressed up the house with art and pictures portraying black people. I guess in the end he got what he deserved, life in prison more or less.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
why would pictures of black people hanging in his house make any difference?

Man are colored people racist

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
They were talking on sports radio about a rumor that he was going to confess.

Apparently OJ is in terrible health (over 300# now) and will die in prison and his son has been getting harassed by people that think the son did it.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have to remember shows like this and the one in Wisconsin were made by people with an agenda (get you to watch and rape advertisers if you do). Everything in these types of shows is twisted by the producer and network based on the shock value they need or want. A show isn't going to sell if they conclude an innocent man was really innocent or a guilty man guilty. While I thought he was probably guilty all along, the network is feeding off you to sell you junk. The old days when news was reported in an unbiased manner ended a long time ago. So keep in mind that everything about these shows is done to get advertisers money and nothing about them is about real justice.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77