Super Simple Meat Marinade

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know there are a bajillion (with a J) recipes out there for wild game, so consider this a bajillion-and-one. Only reason I thought of it was because I mixed some up this morning with a batch of gadwall and teal. Plan on wrapping them in bacon and grilling this evening. Wife and kiddo love it. One of our favorite meals.

It was originally for chicken, but we use this on virtually everything, and get rave reviews. The reason I like it is because there is no chopping, slicing, grating or juicing involved. We buy everything pre-packaged so whipping it up is a snap. I've even gone as far as to pre-mix this and put it in a quart mason jar to take on hunting trips. Shoot a few birds and throw the meat in a zip-top bag with some marinade. Soak all day and then grill up to perfection when evening comes.

You could get fancy and add some brown sugar for a teriyaki spin, or sriracha for some heat, or Worcestershire because, well, Worcestershire. But I almost always revert back to the original. One of those things that doesn't need much extra.

Tyler's Famous Meat Marinade

• 1/3 cup Real Lemon (we buy the big bottles and they last a long, long time)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 tablespoons chili sauce (cocktail sauce is a decent substitution)
  • 2 cloves diced garlic (be lazy and buy the pre-diced jars of garlic)
  • 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger (we buy the tubes pre-grated and just squirt a gob into the mix)
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Marinade at least all day. Longer the better. Grill to medium rare. Drink with ICE COLD BEER (mandatory).

Last edited:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
better CockTail substitute?

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/sriracha

- - - Updated - - -

ah - I see you mentioned the rooster

I've used Sriracha with great success, however going the full three tablespoons is a recipe for volcanus rectus in the a.m. Not my cup-o-tea. If I do, I'll just add a squirt of the red sauce along with a full dose of the chill sauce.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
agree - I suffered a volcano incident the other day - most regrettable

odd how sometimes a guy is cast iron and other times fine bone china when it comes to the effects of hot food

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
agree - I suffered a volcano incident the other day - most regrettable

odd how sometimes a guy is cast iron and other times fine bone china when it comes to the effects of hot food

There's a bell curve somewhere in there related to a man's age and is tolerance for the Devil's spit. I fear I'm well on my way down the other side...just a hair above ketchup as far as tolerance goes.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for sharing the marinade, sounds good. When it comes to age and certain foods yea don't know what will happen in the end.;:;rofl

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am still on the shake diet, so if I eat some spice for my one a day meal, it can be a dangerous toot, especially if a few cocktails are involved. I am 46, with the body of a 60 year old.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am still on the shake diet, so if I eat some spice for my one a day meal, it can be a dangerous toot, especially if a few cocktails are involved. I am 46, with the body of a 60 year old.

ha ha

you are a high mileage individual - as my pastor buddy would say

he's got robo-hips and robo-lenses etc. - he's been a little hard on the machinery

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. manpons can be useful

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

many brands available - choose what suits your style

thumb.jpg

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
jaunr it all in the mind its to bad the body doesn't think like that.:;:huh

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The hot food that is the worst for me is a giant plate of hot buffalo wings. I love the front part of our relationship, but saying goodbye is a real pain. Most other hot stuff isn't horrible on this 35 year old chassis.

My marinades often consist of a conglomeration of whatever is in the fridge at the time. Some are better than others.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The hot food that is the worst for me is a giant plate of hot buffalo wings. I love the front part of our relationship, but saying goodbye is a real pain. Most other hot stuff isn't horrible on this 35 year old chassis.

My marinades often consist of a conglomeration of whatever is in the fridge at the time. Some are better than others.

BWW's are the WORST for me. Even one medium wing is death. whereas I can smother three tacos from TJ's with their green sauce and not a problem. BWW's sauces have something sinister besides capsaicin in them I think.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
BWW's are the WORST for me. Even one medium wing is death. whereas I can smother three tacos from TJ's with their green sauce and not a problem. BWW's sauces have something sinister besides capsaicin in them I think.

Tears. Tears of regret from a college graduate with a communications degree who can't find work in his field and is relegated to mixing the wing sauce at BWWs.

- - - Updated - - -

anyway - sorry I totally derailed your meat marinade thread in a very bad way duck! :;:sorry

Never apologize for helping turn a less-than-mediocre thread into something a bit more entertaining to read.

FWIW, spicy food gut fusions and the eventual thermonuclear reactions have always been a hot topic.

See what I did there? :cool:

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same here, and when one turns out exceptionally awesome I can never remember exactly what I threw in there!

Been there!

- - - Updated - - -

I have been a MUCH happier man since I went the way of the dry rub buffalo. Similar zing with 95% less latent pain.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been there!

- - - Updated - - -

I have been a MUCH happier man since I went the way of the dry rub buffalo. Similar zing with 95% less latent pain.

Yep - been eating the Buffalo dry rub for last 2-3 years. We take trainees over there every couple months and I got real tired of "being burned" from just a wing or two of their wet versions.

Wet is right.

- - - Updated - - -

Tears... ha ha ha. Probably scientifically correct.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
sounds good. i am with ahab... most of my marinades include whatever bottle of whatever liquid in the fridge that appears as if it needs to be emptied, is outdated or close to being outdated. some of the best have never been duplicated because its not very often that the red wine, soy sauce, worcestershire and garlic chili past all needed to be emptied at the same time. ;)

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I occasionally stop by the fridge and pour some of this down the hatch.

119-261-b.gif

True story. It's ever so tasty as a non-alcoholic apertif.

That's right - I said it. :;:howdy Oh - and if it's not Lea and Perrins I don't want it. Yucky.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
mrs johnr was slicing some habanero's for our excellent homemade salsa, she was bare handing the slicing process. Her fingers were on fire for 3 days, as no old wives tale elixir was going to remedy the burn. She now wears rubber gloves when the season is upon us.

I of course laughed at her, called her a little girl, and then slept on the couch...haha

I enjoy the heat, and do not get the burn really, its just this GD diet, letting everything slip through me prior to digestion.

hot anus is not cool with johnr

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76