Wyoming results out!!

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
wyoming results are out after only 21 days.......anyhow how you all fair?

got turned down on my antelope
will purchase a point to point creep for deer

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put in for the special draw, only had 1 pt. ( our odds were prolly 0% or very low but try tellling the old man that. he doesn't get how the special and regular draws work so we put in) use to draw this blue chip unit yearly on special draw, then it became every other, not it seems to be trending every 3 at best since the drought, and since mike Eastman decided to brag about it in his magazine.....I have shot one B&C 83 3/8and 2 others around 80. apparently the secret is out on this bad boy

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well that is a bummer for you. Point creep is happening as well, that is a sure thing. As numbers rebound hopefully you can draw the tag again more often in the unit you are after. I will have 6 points for next year, not sure of what unit I will apply for in the next few years but its likely to be the south central part of the state.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
this units herd didnt do quite as bad as some of them in carbon and natrona counties so i think that put a lot of the " point creepers" out this way. as the herd rebounds it should get better. but like you said point creep is real and as more people apply for out of state tags the drawings will be tough

- - - Updated - - -

My dad and I drew our antelope tags again, Unit 23.

thats by gillete is it not?

lots of private land in that area but some dam nice goats can be shot. if your hunitng public land i would go later in the year as opening wknd will be a gong show

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drew! Had 5 points and pretty much expected to draw. Have a quality elk AND antelope tag there this year so I'm super pumped.

jtillman

Founding Member
Founding Member
thats by gillete is it not?

lots of private land in that area but some dam nice goats can be shot. if your hunitng public land i would go later in the year as opening wknd will be a gong show

Yep, SW of Gillette. We've been there 2 years now, this will be our 3rd...have a contact with some private land that has treated us well. These are last years goats. Nothing record book worthy, but the old man and I have a great time:

11220807_10206405562392393_1335634113971410036_n.jpg 12072538_10206405562592398_7250887430199150975_n.jpg

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unit 23 gives out a lot of tags. Not a lot of public ground. A person would definetly have the best luck there if you could get on some private land. Nice pictures jtillman!

Wyotransfer

23 is a massive area almost to Midwest and Kaycee. NR can't buy over the counter? 300 for a goat seems a little steep.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was drawn for a unit 67 antelope. Looks like a good unit with a ton of public and decent trophy potential. Never hunted them that far into Wyoming so I'm looking forward to the new area. Had 3 points and applied regular draw, and didn't plan on drawing. Bought pp for elk and deer this year is all and didn't buy any leftovers. If anyone has any info on 67 I would much appreciate it. Thanks

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow that unit 67 is a hell of a good tag. Maybe I should start applying for units rather than just buy a point every year. A tough draw but you got it done! I'll have 6 points for next year. I hope you have a great hunt, I hope you squeeze off on a big one!

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya I was pretty excited, hopefully late September I'll have something worthwhile to post on here. Until then it's time to start punching some primers and be prepared for some longer shots as I haven't spent much time behind a rifle this year. Not sure on rattlesnakes in that area, the biologist said not to worry much but maybe I'm just a pansy and will prob buy some snake chaps or boots.

Wyotransfer

67 is pretty close to the wind river res, seen some 80's come from around there. As dry as wyo is water is always a player in speed goat hunting.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you didn't get a tag you could still find some prime Pokemon. I'm sure the landowners are curious about what's out there.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea you got lucky with 67 that's for sure, I had 6 pref points and didn't draw it. I'll never play this premium goat tag game again, I used to live close to that unit and there are allot great big goat units that don't take near the points. I'd rather be hunting them every couple years again that's for sure! And its certainly gotten worse for me since we can't even bow hunt them here at home anymore.
Have a good hunt!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86