Lowrance Chirp 7 Sale

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dam, might have to pull the trigger on that!

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if you can put/buy an OAHE map for it?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya navionics has a chip I use in my elite 7 that is good

Well I just ordered it, where can I get that navionics chip and which one is it. Oh, and are you gonna upgrade your pontoon? Still interested in the one you have. I'm gonna be camping in Mobridge this weekend, and next.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
The lake insight is a decent chip. I would think by subscribing and downloading the shared data, you could have a pretty good map for almost any major Lake. Or is that not how that insight stuff works?

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually I'm not sure that the Navionics chip will give you good contours for Oahe. You might have to be fishing more down in SD before you get good data. For me on the river, there was not data. I'd wait to buy a chip before you find out for sure. Somebody on here must know.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I just ordered it, where can I get that navionics chip and which one is it. Oh, and are you gonna upgrade your pontoon? Still interested in the one you have. I'm gonna be camping in Mobridge this weekend, and next.

Sent a pm

- - - Updated - - -

I will look what chip I have to tomorrow

jtillman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks a lot <insert sarcasm and genuine gratitude>. I've been looking at upgrading to a newer sonar this summer and just about pulled the trigger on a Humminbird earlier this week....happy I waited so I was able to order this instead!

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm THIS close to buying one...

Someone talk me out of it.

BUY IT!!!!!!

A guy on a different forum just posted the same type of thread except it's for some Swarovski binoculars. On a big sale but still expensive. This graph is WAY cheaper!!!!! haha

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot <insert sarcasm and genuine gratitude>. I've been looking at upgrading to a newer sonar this summer and just about pulled the trigger on a Humminbird earlier this week....happy I waited so I was able to order this instead!

I know the feeling... Glad I could help out!

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bismarck scheels has 7" hds gen 2 touch for 599$

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
The reviews I read suggest this unit is sluggish at times, fails to keep up displaying contour lines on the GPS and loses depth reading or gives false depth readings. Anyone have any experience with this unit? I too was looking into getting another graph.

- - - Updated - - -

The reviews I read suggest this unit is sluggish at times, fails to keep up displaying contour lines on the GPS and loses depth reading or gives false depth readings. Anyone have any experience with this unit? I too was looking into getting another graph.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Kentucky...I read and was concerned about the same thing...also can this unit be bow mounted with the transducer attached to the trolling motor...assuming it can but wondered if anyone has one of these up front on the bow?

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member

I have the regular Elite 7 and yea, it OCCASIONALLY acts up but is pretty rare.. Every once in awhile, it will freeze up for a few seconds and then go back to normal. I haven't had the issue of not keeping up with contours or any issues with false depth readings though. Maybe the people saying it wouldn't keep up with contours is because they had it zoomed WAY in and were going 30 mph or something. In that case yea, I'm sure it would have a tough time keeping up.

With ANY unit, it probably isn't going to perform flawlessly 100% of the time. For the price, I would absolutely recommend this unit and at basically half price is a steal.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks for the info flat and suppress...may have to order this. Shouldn't be too tough to mount...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75