AIM Weekend Walleye Series Results

k9guy82

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was BRUTAL out on the waters. Pretty cool format on how they score fish. Team K9/Fishmission held their own against the pack. 16th place isn't too bad I guess

IMG_6414.jpg

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fun time K9
One of our good spots from day before became unfishable from muddied up water, floating debris and biggest rollers I've see in a while.
We'll definitely have to do another AIM though. A great format

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
What does a 20 inch fish weigh on the format. Also 21-25 inches. Anyone have the poundage on these

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think 21.5 was 3.4 or close to that. The conversion is generous but the fish are the fattest I have seen in a while.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought the weights were pretty impressive in the top ten. I realize the length to weight conversion can be a little misleading as to actual weight of the fish, but still some nice fish with their pictures taken.

A big thanks should go to the buechels (I may have spelled that wrong) for their work in the tournament. Without these people alot of the tourneys we like to fish wouldn't happen.

300sktr

Established Member
My partner and I finished in 8th. Our biggest 5 went from 20.25 to 22.5 inches but just couldnt get the kicker we needed. Caught probably 30 plus fish. Liked the format of measuring fish but proved to be a challenge to take pics and keep control of boat. Congrats to Graig and Chris for the win. Second tournament this year to finish one spot out of money. Maybe next time.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
What was the tiebreaker for the 20.09 weight for 6th and 7th. Generally split the money but not on this one. One team with $700 in prize money other with $300. Both with the same weight. Largest fish??

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Random thought...I think the actual poundage would be higher after a fairly large sample of eyes on the east end. These are some of the healthiest eyes I've seen in a long long time, even down to the dinks, every single fish is really fat even down to the small guys, theres a lot of healthy fish in the system right now. Not knocking the tourney or anything, just saying the fish are bigger than average weight to length ratio me thinks.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tiebreaker

The tie breaker was the team with the longest fish recorded on the scorecard. If I remember correctly if that was a tie then they kept going down the scorecard to break the tie.

Jim Carroll

Founding Member
Founding Member
What was the tiebreaker for the 20.09 weight for 6th and 7th. Generally split the money but not on this one. One team with $700 in prize money other with $300. Both with the same weight. Largest fish??

You got it Brother Bob. Tie breaker to the largest fish on the cards. If those fish happen to be the same length, then the second largest fish is looked at, and so on until the tie is broken.

Also wanted to say thanks to all the teams that toughed out the weather and fished this event! See you guys at Devils Lake in 2 weeks.

Jim Carroll NPAA#13

Tim Sandstrom

Founding Member
Founding Member
I must catch skinnier ones. I got some obvious well fed fish but I had some 19-20 inch fish that to me needed a couple more weeks of feasting to get to fat stage.

The conversion is pretty accurate for Sakakawea fish up to about 21.25 inches. Then it starts to get kitty whompus. It obviously doesn't matter as everyone fished with same conversion but just stating with this format a fish 23 and over really launches a guy forward. Kicker fish are always crucial in any tournament but in AIM it's critical.

Same story here. Smallest was 19.75 and biggest 21.25. We needed that kicker and I would have been pleased.

Yes, I really like the ability to keep fishing with decisions on what fish to keep no longer relevant. Boat control in wind like that (we fished main lake) is tricky. When cranking have to reel up most lines so don't have a mess.

A thanks to the tournament folks for running it. I hope to fish more of them next year. Will see how it goes with baby two on deck!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
You got it Brother Bob. Tie breaker to the largest fish on the cards. If those fish happen to be the same length, then the second largest fish is looked at, and so on until the tie is broken.

Also wanted to say thanks to all the teams that toughed out the weather and fished this event! See you guys at Devils Lake in 2 weeks.

Jim Carroll NPAA#13

Congrats on your 6th place finish on Sturgeon Bay.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Random thought...I think the actual poundage would be higher after a fairly large sample of eyes on the east end. These are some of the healthiest eyes I've seen in a long long time, even down to the dinks, every single fish is really fat even down to the small guys, theres a lot of healthy fish in the system right now. Not knocking the tourney or anything, just saying the fish are bigger than average weight to length ratio me thinks.

It looks like the conversion chart is already on the heavy side in my opinion. Which is fine, its fun to see big weights.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63