Governors Cup 2016

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I'll be there. Unfortunately, probably not until Thursday night.

Staying at Ft Stevenson.

Hit me up.

Who else is competing? When are you heading down? Where are you all staying?

Best guess on winning weight? I'm going with 46 lbs.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fort Peck just finished up, first day leaders had 5 for 39 lbs. I believe the winners had 10 for 65.
Sure wish the big tourneys here in ND could spread themselves out instead of back to back to back..

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be up Thursday morning to pre fish. Staying at Garrison Motel. Should be a fun week, lots of fish being caught right now, just harder to find a lot of big ones. However, there are lots of big ones in the lake, so I'm saying 44.5lbs winning weight.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be in Montana at a wedding. Can't wait until all my friends finally get married. Good luck gentlemen/ladies. I'm going for 48 lbs.

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
Ill be staying at FT. Stevenson, Hopefully pull into town tuesday night and start fishing Wednesday. Lots of little fish in the system. Im going with 38.64

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
#42 and change for winning, #27 to get into top 20 and 24# to get in top 40.

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
#42 and change for winning, #27 to get into top 20 and 24# to get in top 40.

Maybe, and I mean maybe if there was stable weather leading up to day one but i don't c lots of big weights after the windy less cooler temps Tuesday and Wednesday . Water will be a little dirty and might be more of a challenge then some think

HUNT2EAT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just pulled into Fort Stevenson. Looking at the forecast there's going to be more beer drinking and pinochle games then there will be pre fishing on my end of it.

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
Just pulled into Fort Stevenson. Looking at the forecast there's going to be more beer drinking and pinochle games then there will be pre fishing on my end of it.

I could be up for some pinochle!! I haven't fished for a couple weeks probably going to pounds some waves anyways!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be in Montana at a wedding. Can't wait until all my friends finally get married. Good luck gentlemen/ladies. I'm going for 48 lbs.

It never ends, the next step is kids, then graduations, then more weddings of your kids, then family reunions, then grandkids stuff, then funerals of parents, then of friends, then finally your own..

I have spent many a nice lake weekend, not at the lake, because of "Life".. haha

Good luck guys, I will be jamming at the Buffalo Gap 3 day concert extravaganza with some of my buddies, and plenty of ice cold Busch lights.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
IF anyone wants to get some hog clincher fish, just let me know and I'll send you GPS coordinates of where the stringers are hung.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had to tell my wife that July's are off limits for vacations from now on since I will be in canada at the craven country jamboree instead of the governors cup

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
It never ends, the next step is kids, then graduations, then more weddings of your kids, then family reunions, then grandkids stuff, then funerals of parents, then of friends, then finally your own..

I have spent many a nice lake weekend, not at the lake, because of "Life".. haha

Good luck guys, I will be jamming at the Buffalo Gap 3 day concert extravaganza with some of my buddies, and plenty of ice cold Busch lights.

It's the small sliver of hope that gets me to look towards the "next weekend." My wife and I kind of agreed that summers aren't meant to be spent running around the area going to weddings. Unless we're in the weddings, we've kind of decided to just do our own thing. Selfish...absolutely. But when ND had 3 months of good temps, I'm not spending it in a hot ass church, impatiently waiting for the social hour.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
flask_front_grande_013bb2e7-3ea1-4973-ad5d-112dd8d5daaf.jpg

This has helped me through a ton of hot long wedding services...haha

- - - Updated - - -

It's the small sliver of hope that gets me to look towards the "next weekend." My wife and I kind of agreed that summers aren't meant to be spent running around the area going to weddings. Unless we're in the weddings, we've kind of decided to just do our own thing. Selfish...absolutely. But when ND had 3 months of good temps, I'm not spending it in a hot ass church, impatiently waiting for the social hour.

Always keep a loaded one on hand just incase.

Tim Sandstrom

Founding Member
Founding Member
The thing is, how? We are pretty blessed on Sak and other lakes to have so many tournaments available. I not sure could spread them out anymore than they are unless went into May and Mid August through September. I am going to be exhausted!

- - - Updated - - -

Idk how many 40 pound bags there will be if any. I never discount a 40 pound bag but if history teaches us anything it will be a tish below 40 to win. Mid-ish twenties cuts you a nice top 20 ish.

Dani will be 7 months pregnant so should be an interesting cup!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't fish it but my son does, here's wishing everyone a good tournament, and my the fish gods be with all of you!:;:exactly Hope the titty sprinkling wind doesn't blow hurricane force. I'm going to try be there for the both weigh ins. ;:;boozer

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow Tim--good stuff!! Good luck and congratulations!!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet somebody will find some big fish schooled together if you guys don't have more big thunderstorms between now and then.

images

# 51.5

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84