Bow String for Hoyt Faktor

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought this Faktor 2 or 3 years ago now and think it is time for a new string. This will be my 5th season bow hunting. As such I have never replaced a string on any of my bows. The first I sold to my cousin who had the string replaced right away and now I have this Faktor. Any information on where to begin other than google searching?

I value quality over anything.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are actually two different and separate companies that go by 60x archery and I wouldn't hesitate to use either. The guy out of Montana uses solely 452x material which is my personal choice. The guys in Pennsylvania use just about any material you request.

Founding Member
Founding Member
parkson and son
jbk strings
Bear foot
breathn
hogwire
tony219err
hutching and son
60x
Vapor Trail
All good stuff, I've had string made by all of them with no problems.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are actually two different and separate companies that go by 60x archery and I wouldn't hesitate to use either. The guy out of Montana uses solely 452x material which is my personal choice. The guys in Pennsylvania use just about any material you request.

60x makes some excellent strings. You can buy direct from their website, or through eBay.

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought my last one from 60x too. Good string. I had Scheels install it. I'd think a nice pink & purple string would fit you nicely Yoby :cool:

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have put a few on from America's best bowstrings, they seem to last and be of good quality.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thinking about it a little more, are there signs that the string is getting worn/stretched? I have noticed that I have had to adjust my sights from last year to this year and already adjusted them 2x this year. That is why I am thinking I need new strings.

It appears there are 3 strings on this bow. Do all of them get replaced at the same time?

Checking out 60X, they have the String length (56), cable length (34.75?), cable length 2 (if applicable - 32.50?) when trying to order a string.

Will they just understand if I am mixing up cable 1 & 2?

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, replace as a set. I'm not sure how 60x Custom Strings (Pennsylvania guys) do it but 60x Archery (Montana) you email the guy (Joel McNeese) your measurements. Both companies are great to work with, never heard a bad review. Just drop them a line.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 99
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62