NDGF

shadow

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a concerned outdoorsman, I applaud the G/F on their efforts and attempts to keep the public informed as they can. A few examples are this:
Recently I read a report from the G&F about a slot limit with the pro's and cons of it on DL. It was very interesting, informative and a nice report letting sportsmen know what may happen in the future. Furthermore there was also information about the Missouri river and troubles from the flood in areas, the fact that they have not recovered and maybe never will to what they were before the flood!
On the hunting aspect, I also can not commend them enough for the Deer Herd attempts. The Herd crashed and they are attempting to help bring it back through limiting tags! In most other states tags are the basis for huge revenue, regardless of what shape the herd is in!

There appears to be a lot of good, common sense people in the NDGF doing a great job and hope it continues for many years to come!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The G&F does do a good job on most things and I commend them for it. However, I have to respectfully disagree with you on their deer herd management. Especially the whitetail herd. They have not performed any surveillance work, aerial or otherwise, to collect hard data on whitetail numbers anywhere in ND in many years. This past year included. I have the reports and emails to prove it. I don't care if they shut down deer hunting completely, just show me WHY!!!!!!!!!! Right now they are using surveys, accidents, and other anecdotal information. They really have NO IDEA how many deer there are in any hunting unit. I've made several posts regarding this fact. It's pretty hard for me to swallow statements like "The deer numbers are down." or "The deer numbers are above management goals." when the G&F haven't even bothered to survey their populations in a decade or more.

;:;rant Over.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Overall I think they do a great job. You just can't please everybody.

Sometimes they do things for reasons that people without their training and knowledge don't understand, but science-wise it's the right thing to do. That's why it just drives me bonkers when politicians (who don't have a biological clue) try to interfere with the G&F because they think they know what's best.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
they've got the fish part nailed (except for pike stocking), but need to consult with me regarding game management :;:thumbsup

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
i think a little consistancy in the way the enforce their "rules" would be better........ when I say this I am referring to the 7x5 skull that i found this spring in one of my bowhunting areas.... called the game and fish to get a dead find tag for it and they proceeded to confiscate it while telling me that they don't give tags for dead finds....... then a month later i saw a post on the Ultimate Outdoor Adventures Facebook page with a couple pics of a guy with a dead find skull in them (they said in the description it was found dead while out walking for sheds) and it had a damned tag from the NDGF on it.....

shadow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too bad they took your find, makes no sense but then again does most of government? I agree that if they are going to do something, let the people know. In regards to the DL possible slot, they are doing this with all kinds of scenarios outlined in their article. I think if they would make more ideas public before they do it, many more people would support them more.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
aside from the white tail debacle I think they do a great job.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69