Barrel threading in the FM area?

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need to get my new Rem 700 cut for a suppressor. Need to cut the noise and recoil on this 7mm as soon as possible. I've only had to thread one barrel in the past and sent it to a gunsmith in Pierre SD. Can anyone recommend a smith in the Fargo or surrounding area that won't want to keep my gun for months to do it?

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a guy down in Verona that does a good job, and is very reasonably price. He's also Dakota Silencer certified (warranty issues this might be important?)

- - - Updated - - -

L&M guns i think is the name

- - - Updated - - -

i know verona isnt exactly fargo area but like i said his prices are cheap.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Recoil?....I'll bet you dip that pussy Skoal.

th

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
HH guns in Bismarck does an excellent job. Think it cost me $50.

- - - Updated - - -

Think I had it back in two weeks too.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we would have a long way to go Sven to get to that. Most people by a large margin are still scared silly of them.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
We've had a long way to this point in society. Do you agree there's legitimacy in my concern?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Physics may help my swing and "follow through" but I'm a fan of traditionalism. Plug your offside ear. I'm not a detractor of suppressors. I don't want them dumbass like wind turbines, solar panels and ethanol. "Normal" guns don't kick that hard when you know what to expect. I surmise you're a "young" guy and values intelligence. You're going to piss yourself off later in life with the things you "know".

Last edited:

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Physics may help my swing and "follow through" but I'm a fan of traditionalism. Plug your offside ear. I'm not a detractor of suppressors. I don't want them dumbass like wind turbines, solar panels and ethanol. "Normal" guns don't kick that hard when you know what to expect. I surmise you're a "young" guy and values intelligence. You're going to piss yourself off later in life with the things you "know".

suppressors are awesome. 3 rifles I have are absolutely gonna get threaded, paperwork done last week. the rest stay as is. no they won't be made mandatory. "silencers" make a gun extra assault-ish to the media.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got it for the noise suppression Sven. Wasn't worried about recoil. I also have firearms though that I will not get threaded for a suppressor. I honestly wouldn't mind that lever action you posted though. Just not the lever action I have.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not in the Little Minneapolis area but a guy in Napoleon does it for 50 bucks and has them done in a week. No relief cut but he does a clean job, pm me for his info.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Recoil?....I'll bet you dip that pussy Skoal.

th

Nice. Yep, shooting suppressed the last several years has pussified me a bit in terms of noise and recoil. Yeah, I can sleep right on the rocky ground, but my little air mattress makes it much more enjoyable.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Wags. I think I'll check out L&M in Verona. That's not too far.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It would likely kick and sound the same there.

Last edited:

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update: I took it to Severance Shooting Solutions in Wyndmere.
He's a pretty straight-shooter (pun?), did a great job, and the turnaround was 13 days.
He cut the barrel down to 24in (my request), and threaded it 1/2 x28. Put a 5/8 x24 adapter on it to get it to 30 cal threads.

Here's the completed setup:
WP_20160813_005.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67