Who's ready for ice fishing?

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
after this heat the past couple days, who's ready for colder temps and some time on the ice to cool off?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the fuck is wrong with you!? I will take sweaty balls, grilling steaks and cold beer on the deck 100 times out of 100 over leaving work in the dark in sub zero Temps only to spend the entire night inside watching hutch Johnson, NCIS, John wheeler and Jimmy Kimmel.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah oh...here we go again with this ---- "its too freaking hot for me..boo hooo..I want winter" crap

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the fuck is wrong with you!? I will take sweaty balls, grilling steaks and cold beer on the deck 100 times out of 100 over leaving work in the dark in sub zero Temps only to spend the entire night inside watching hutch Johnson, NCIS, John wheeler and Jimmy Kimmel.

My garage works for grilling and I work sun up to sun down in summer so what's the difference other than alot more to do spring fall and winter

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_1860.jpgfunny you asked that, just downloaded a few pics from a card and this was on there. I was fishing and I would guess they were doing a picture for a Christmas Card while ice fishing. Almost wanted to go sit on Santa's lap and give him my gift list for the next years outdoor activities. But than that list would have been way to long and if Santa asked if I was good I don't know if I could have lied that well. was just interesting to see dukgnfsn

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
ice fishing rig (2).jpg

Im looking forward to making a few trips up to Lake Winnipeg again with a handful of day trips to DL throughout the winter. Getting hard to get away with kids hockey.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
More excited for the fall and bird hunting right now but I do love ice fishing just as much

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do enjoy the cold weather and hard water but the short days with little light can get old! Enjoy this while you can #$%^&>

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
Getting the Fall Itch, Shooting birds, cooler weather fishing w/ no surf boats, jet skis, water skiers, etc. to get in the way. By the endo of October, ice cant come soon enough...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you step outside on Sunday --- think of it about it 85 degrees cooler, white stuff up to your knees (another fd year for a ice castle), and look straight into the NW Sunday --- feel that -- that will be making a flapping noise on your portable all winter long - make sure you have it staked down. Open hole fishing those will be gone and iced over within minutes--- The spring gave you that SE wind --- la nina will give you that NW wind.

- - - Updated - - -

This fall - utilize the first two weeks of oct -- beyond that waterfowl gone early and fast. a little snow end of oct however deer season will just be tundra and nw winds. road hunters will luv it.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is wrong with people? My fav time of the year is bow hunting Nov, and I love to ice fish, but I'll hang on to the hot weather with long daylight as long as we can. Our summers are short enough. Need to stock the freezer full of walleye before winter.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anything above 75 is too hot. Thankfully this oven-blast is short lived. And yes, I've lived in ND my whole life.

I love it after the first freeze. Hay fever gone, bugs gone, cooler nights and windows open. Fall fishing is my favorite. September to January makes me happy.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anything above 75 is too hot. Thankfully this oven-blast is short lived. And yes, I've lived in ND my whole life.

I love it after the first freeze. Hay fever gone, bugs gone, cooler nights and windows open. Fall fishing is my favorite. September to January makes me happy.

You have a date with miss peggy this year mister

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you nuts?? :)
Love ice fishing but, lots of campfires and cold beer to be had. Fly in fishing trip in two weeks. Canada geese to leave me scratching my head. Deer to get outsmarted by. One moose to hopefully fill the freezer. Sandhill cranes to fly over the other guys I'm hunting with. Tons of fun to be had before pulling out the winter gear.

:;:cheers

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
We gotta love the 4 seasons we get to enjoy each year up in this neck of the woods, ya have to admit! Sick of one season you say?? no worries..will be into the next one before you know it. Personally, I could never live in an environment where the question of the day , every day is...hummm..whats the temp going to be today..75 or 80?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80